• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selective sync for Creative Cloud Files?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bringing this up again. The post with the same name from 2016 is locked and marked as "Solved." It is most definitely NOT solved as we STILL don't have the ability to sync selectively. Because of this, my team has had several laptops completely filled and we have had to archive/delete over 1TB of data just so we could keep working. I'm really hoping Adobe will address this, but since it has been 6 years with no movement (at least not that I can see), we will likely be moving to another service for asset management.

Post referenced (June 2016):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services-discussions/selective-sync-for-creative-cloud...

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!

For the Selective sync, we have this on our backlog of features to implement and our engineering team is working on it, as soon as we hear from them, we will update you.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT consultant here. This feature alone will hold back at least 3 of our clients from moving their Adobe data (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) to Adobe's platform and they will adopt a different solution. Any other cloud storage provider offers this, crazy to imagine a company as established as Adobe hasn't engineered this into their platform for 6 years now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has told me point blank that they will not help me with a problem with links with ID documents and Google Shared Drives. I was told that the only approved solution is to use CC File Sync. Yet CC File Sync is so feature poor compared to the alternatives. Not being able to do selective syncing is going to force us to do many workarounds. And the only reason why we are considering CC File Sync is do to the storing of links in InDesign which I suspect is an Adobe problem and Adobe refuses to assist me with this problem. I guess this is what happens when you get to be a monopoly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but 6 years is an absolute joke, bordering on insulting.  Adobe CC isn't cheap, and to justify that you seem to think busying yourself with an annual release cycle of apps with very minor changes is what we want.  I don't care if it takes you 3 years to release a new version of AE or Premiere Pro, but I would very much like for Adobe to introduce the features and fix the bugs that we have been asking for (in some cases) more than a decade! I really am reaching the end of my tether with Adobe - you are failing to deliver the basics and it's just not exusable any more. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There any movement on the implementation for this yet? The first mention of a request for this feature that I can find on these forums will turn nine years old in a few months. That is unacceptable for a feature that is commonplace in most cloud storage alternatives on the market, and its absence almost completely defeats the purpose of having cloud storage in the first place, particularly for creatives working with very large files all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, lack of selective sync greatly limits its value. We can only have 1
current project on it at a time. Adobe wants you to use its CC File Sharing
even thought it won’t support jpegs or many other file formats. And they
have zero interest in supporting other clouding syncing solutions. We
noticed that Google Shared Drive is worse than ever.--
PAUL CHERNOFF

{Mode Note: Personal information removed by the moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Paul Chernoff 

do not reply by email or remove your signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's another year later... is there any update on this Adobe?

We are a small team... couple of designers, video guy and web people. We all share a team/group Creative Cloud between us now have the best part of a TB of data in our CC. We are now all struggling for disk space on our macbooks / macbook pros due to lack of being able to selective sync and spend much time juggling assets, etc. We already archive old work out of and away from CC, but it's amazing how much data a few people can generate with large photoshop files, 4k video etc.

There are jobs / assets we all need to share, but I don't need ALL the vieo guys data and he doesn't need all my data. 

Also, it seems impossible to move the CC share to a remote disk without having to re-sync... which takes days!

For a 'team' solution it feels really lacking!  Come on Adobe, this is pretty fundamental stuff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please get this sorted Adobe, it's criminal that this feature hasn't been implemented yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

these are user-to-user forums.

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines