• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing folders with your Team via the Synced Files option.

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks in advance for any help. I looked on the forum but most results are from 2020 or earlier.

I have a team currently all using XD to create their files. I come from a drop box world where we could all have a shared account we subscribed to and everyone could access each others work.. collaberation. 

With Adobe Cloud it seems that everyone works in a silo and has to share their work if anyone else wants to work on it. This is an issue on multiple levels. As I was looking into Adobe's offering I found Synced Files. This was a place where I can create a folder with sub folders for things like (assets, comps, layouts, etc...).  This would solve my problem because I could share folders with a team offering a localized place for all assets. 

However it seems I can't save or work from Synced Files directly. It seems I would have to work local and upload the file which is not going to happen.

Before I waste anymore time am I looking for a solution that doesn't exist?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you're trying to shoehorn adobe's cc storage solution(s) into doing something it was not designed to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the time saver!! I figured, it's kind of disappointing that Aobe wouldn't have tools for creative teams. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobes cc tools are designed for sharing assets/projects with yourself (on other devices) and with collaborators while maintaining control over what those collaborators have access to.

here's basic info:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/about-cloud-documents.html

then for more info go here and check the beginner (if applicable) tutorials for cc useage and then advanced, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/tutorials-explore.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue I ran into also. This article that was updated this month clearly states that you can share a synced team file & how to do it - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/collaboration.html.

I had to get their support team to remote into my computer to get it set up because we had some issues with it at first but it seems to be working now. Hope this helps!

*Adobe is restricting sync files for users with personal accounts starting in Febuary 2024. You would need to have a team account to use it after that date. 

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 9.41.45 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

using the sync folder is a short-term proposition, at best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines