• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Someone I do not know sent me a PDF via CC and I don't trust it

Contributor ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received a notification from Creative Cloud, stating that a person I do not know has sent me a PDF. See attached screen shot.

As I do not know this person, and the PDF title is meaningless to me, I perceived this as either spam or a possible attempt to install malware on my computer.

I deleted the notification.

Adobe needs to look into this, but getting someone on the phone is – of course – impossible.

And, naturally, I had to select one of the four suggested topics that have nothing to do with this issue in order to get this posted.

Adobe: do better.

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Ok, thanks for the update, Mike.  Unless the e-mail address that you are using for the Audition CC membership is unique, then it is quite possible that spam or other messages can be sent to the address.  Please make sure that you decline any reviews from parties that you are not familiar with.

You can find information about how files are shared for collaboration at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html.  If you wish to change the e-mail address associated with your Adobe acc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, thanks for your post about PDF reviews. I checked the account you used to post to this public discussion forum, but I don't see an active membership tied to the account.  What type of Creative Cloud membership are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Audtion CC. I've had CC since last year.

Also, the message in question from that unknown person was also forwarded by Adobe to my email account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the update, Mike.  Unless the e-mail address that you are using for the Audition CC membership is unique, then it is quite possible that spam or other messages can be sent to the address.  Please make sure that you decline any reviews from parties that you are not familiar with.

You can find information about how files are shared for collaboration at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html.  If you wish to change the e-mail address associated with your Adobe account, then please begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen.  If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, then use a different device to start the chat session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. Thanks, Jeff.

As for my remark about Adobe doing better, that was in reference to my having to select one of four pre-determined topics, none of which applied, in order to make my post. There should be a way for users to add a topic of their own, rather than being denied the ability to post at all.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines