• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop stealing our creative works to feed your Ai

Participant ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's "opt-out" policy for content aquisition to feed their Ai system is a major breach of privacy and is completely unacceptable. For those who have not heard: Adobe has assumed the right to feed any of your creative work into it's Ai training program. This permission is in the form of an Opt-out setting that can only be accessed through your Creative Cloud settings hidden in the browser interface. This permission setting is not available in the Creative Cloud app at all. You are not notified that they are using anything hosted in their cloud service for their own uses.Additionally, if you use mobile Lightgroom, Adobe has silently given itself permission to upload any image on your mobile device into their cloud hosted storage. It does this without any permissions granted by you, nor does it notify you it has happened. Adobe is assuming permission to absorb any work created with the assistance of their software for their own uses. This is a major violation of trust and privacy! It is unacceptable that my work, work I created under NDAs with my clients or in the privacy of my studio, should be fed into Adobe's Ai training, or any other function of their software. Adobe, stop stealing IP from your users!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Correct - if you are using services that utilize Adobe storage by default your images could be use to train machine learning/AI/Adobe Sensei unless you choose to opt out. Hence why there is an opt-out. You're in control.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Photoshop Forum, please post Lightroom-related posts on the Lightroom Forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a broader issue than just Lightroom. There is no forum dedicated to the entire suite, so I am posting it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your NDA content stored on Adobe's servers? If not then this does not apply.

In the meantime, you may want to read up on what they are actually using it for instead of claiming they are "stealing IP from your users":

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/machine-learning-faq.html#CanIturnoffoptoutofmachinelea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyerAccorting to the document at that link, any asset that uses Adobe's cloud storage would be avilable for Ai learning, unless a user opts-out of the service. If I am sharing libraries with co-workers on a project, any one of them could be exposing protected IP to Adobe's Ai. If I am using Lightroom Mobile and do not opt-out of the auto-upload feature, all of my images could be accessed by Adobe's Ai without my knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct - if you are using services that utilize Adobe storage by default your images could be use to train machine learning/AI/Adobe Sensei unless you choose to opt out. Hence why there is an opt-out. You're in control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your reply sure invites the thought it's disingenuous.

The issue is not "you are in control" but the fact Adobe chose to by default without asking opt everyone in.  Why not ask first?

or did I misinterpret what Adobe did? 

things the kind of thing other data collecting companies have done over the years and it erodes trust in the brand 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The initial assessment is wrong. Adobe used Adobe stock to feedit's AI and idemnified the contributors royally. I know, because I'm a contributor and the payout mont was the best in my carrier. Then they used public domain pictures. Public domain pictures are there for being used. There is nothing bad. 

As for the rest of what the OP ranted: Adobe asked for years to get your consent to use certain statistics and data to improve their services. For years, I have opted out. That's it.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have problems or need answers from other users who volunteer their time to help, do so in a discussion topic and message body, whereby you post specifics (what's the problem or issue, or the question) and provide some information about your operating system, version of the software you're asking about and steps to illustrate your problem.

If you want Adobe to be viewing what you post, there are two ways based on what you are hoping to report:
If you wish to report what you believe is a bug, you do so by following these guidelines:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idc-p/12932310#M...

If you wish to provide a feature request, you do so by following these guidelines (then make a request in the product forum):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines