Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync folder help

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've been having some difficulty with my sync folder and I'm not the best with technology. Basically, when I first subscribed to Adobe in 2018 for photography, I very foolishly added all of my photos to the creative cloud sync folder, including my very large original RAW files. Obviously, I very quickly ran out of space on the cloud and on my MacBook. 

I purchased an external hard drive and followed the steps to successfully move my creative cloud folder from my MacBook to my external hard drive. In a further effort to save cloud space, I moved all of my original RAW files out of the creative cloud folder and into its own separate non sync folder on the hard drive. The only thing that should remain, that I didn't remove, are my edits.  However, when I go back to check my status on the resyncing of my creative cloud folder (since it's now in a new location) it's still trying to sync ALL my photos, even the original RAW files I moved out. It's a pretty big folder with 5000+ images so it's taking forever. 

Is there a way to unsync the folder and resync it so that it resets and only uploads my edits to the cloud?

I hope I did a good job explaining that. I've called customer support many times but they don't have a clue.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create a new (empty) adobe sync folder on your hard drive. 

open your cc desktop app and click file>preferences>synching>and change the sync folder location to that empty folder.

go to you cc web (by clicking the cloud icon at the upper right of your cc desktop app) and delete and the synched files that you no longer want stored on adobe's servers.  also delete the files in the deleted folder.

if you then want to resynch to the previous problematic folder, check it first to make sure it has only files you want synched and then change your cc desktop app's folder back to the folder you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines