• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Temporary Files and Cryptodome

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our organization recently contracted a company that provides cybersecurity services.  Several days ago I got a notcie from this service stating that they deemed Cryptodome potentially malicious and that the service proceeded to remove the folder "C:\Users\myUserName\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI9049282\Cryptodome" from my workstation. 

It's really puzzling since I do not do any python programming nor use any python-based application (that I am aware of).  I did a bit of googling and came across a recent reddit post (Reddit post link) claiming that the temp folder was installed by Adobe Creative Cloud.  As it happened I DID run a repair on Creative Cloud on the day the security alarm was raised.

Can anyone confirm whether Creative Cloud really creates the Cryptodome folder?  And if it did will it remove past temporary folders and files upon the next repair or update?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I would like to inform you that the Temp folder is a directory on the Windows PC used to store temporary files. Clearing the Temp folder is a standard procedure for system administration to reduce the amount of storage space used.

Also, I have checked at my end and there is no folder having a Crypotdome folder in the temp folder.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I would like to inform you that the Temp folder is a directory on the Windows PC used to store temporary files. Clearing the Temp folder is a standard procedure for system administration to reduce the amount of storage space used.

Also, I have checked at my end and there is no folder having a Crypotdome folder in the temp folder.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

i can only confirm that these folders and files exist and that my Antivirus scannner has some issues with it!

\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI333522\Cryptodome

Regards,

Heimo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@musicmen155 

this is an old thread . you should provide more information including subscription type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @musicmen155,

Thanks for reaching out. Please let us know if you have seen this under any of the Adobe Creative Cloud app folders.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

thanks for the quick reply!

Good news first, I can definitely give the all-clear. As far as I can tell, this directory does not come from Adobe. I was able to verify this using PocMon.

Regards,

Heimo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for the update @musicmen155 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines