• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too many processes are running in the background - Mac

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled all fonts sync, updates, notifications etc in adobe creative cloud. still 13 processes running accoring to Activity monitor. I even purchased an app to disable startup, but still Adobe is running in the background without using any Adobe app as many Adobe processes I kill a few others appears within minutes, and it's becoming more like a virus than graphic design software. Why? I am paying $600 a year. I don't want any sync, or fonts or any automatic updates. I belive I have the right to open the app whenever I needed and not use it whenever I don't need it. But it seems the other way and Adobe takes control of my computer and use the resources whenever desires which is almost always. I need some answer or I have to take legal action because I feel Adobe is not respecting my privacy and using my computer and network for its own interest.   

TOPICS
Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.  you can make requests here, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can killall the proccesess at startup

#!/bin/bash

# Find the PIDs of processes containing "adobe" or "creative cloud" in their name (case-insensitive)
pids=$(ps axo pid,command | grep -Ei "(adobe|creative cloud)" | grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}')

# Kill the processes using their PIDs
if [ -n "$pids" ]; then
  echo "Killing processes:"
  echo "$pids"
  kill -9 $pids
else
  echo "No processes found"
fi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines