• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer CC libraries to a new owner?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a colleague leaving the company and not being replaced, so we will be terminating the Adobe CC licence in his name from our team account. He is the owner of various CC libraries which we need to keep, and as I understand it, those libraries would be deleted when his account is deleted unless we transfer the ownership.

I have looked for this issue in the forums and found answers stating that you need to Send Link and then Save to Creative Cloud. I tried this, but when I opened the new link in a separate browser, I was only given the option to 'save' the library, not 'save to Creative Cloud'. Is there any other way we can transfer the ownership?

Alternatively, we have an existing colleague who has a CC account and currently isn't the owner of any libraries. Would it be simpler to transfer the departing colleague's account to this person's email address, thus transferring the CC libraries along with it, and then delete their (former) account instead?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Hi Madeliene - clicking the 'save' button will save that library to the creative cloud for the currently signed in user.  So, if you have already created the link, log into assets.adobe.com with the account you are trying to save the library too, then paste the link in the same browser window, click save and this will save the library to the creative cloud for that account.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Madeliene - clicking the 'save' button will save that library to the creative cloud for the currently signed in user.  So, if you have already created the link, log into assets.adobe.com with the account you are trying to save the library too, then paste the link in the same browser window, click save and this will save the library to the creative cloud for that account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Todd! Just to check - is it right that once we've done this, we can delete the original version of the library (and the account that created it) and it won't affect the newly saved version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes - that's correct.  if you want a little extra confidence, you can also export the existing library from the libraries panel.  that will create a .cclib file that can be re-imported at any time.  you can find the export / import item on the fly-out menu of the libraries panelexport.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd:  I followed this process to transfer all my libraries to my colleagues as I am retiring shortly. The process worked fine, but the libraries lost all their groupings once transferred. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lesley - are you colleagues using the latest versions of the CC applications?  Support for groups was introduced in CC 2019 version of the applications.  If they are, and they still are not seeing groups, can you confirm that they have chosen the 'view by groups' option in the libraries panel?  Can you tell me which application you used to export and which to import?

thanks

Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd: Thanks so much for getting back to me about this! We have all been using Groups to organize our assets within our CC Libraries since that feature became available earlier in the year. A lot of work has gone into this organizational exercise. But when I transferred the libraries that I own over to them (sent them an actual link to the libraries that I owned) and they then saved the libraries themselves to become the new owner, all groupings of assets was lost. This is a huge amount of work lost in the transfer process. Is there any way that these groupings can be re-established?

Lesley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah - I think you've encountered a limitation with the current 'save' functionality.  I have another solution that should work.  you can export the library you want to transfer via the flyout menu item in one of the apps like Photoshop or Illustrator (see image), share that file with your colleagues, and then have them import that library.  you can find the import/export items in the libraries panel flyout menu in the applications.

export.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Todd. I have one library left to transfer with a lot of groups in it so I will try the export method on that one. All the other libraries were transferred and deleted before we noticed the grouping problem so I guess we are out of luck on those.

In the meantime if you could let the CC team know about this issue for future development that would be great.

Also, I am cc’ing my colleagues on this in case they need to follow up further in regards to this issue.

Lesley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering this same situation and I want to know if there has been any updates in being able to change the owners of a library. I would like to be able to transfer a library over, but retain all the organizational grouping. Currently, I am not seeing a way to do this, without either remaking all the groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
7 hours ago 7 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I find this important too. I ahve an account that will sunset, and I need to migrate libraries to a new account.

I could just share and save. Problem is, some of these libraries are brand materials that we share with other parties, are on oublic links that others can access too, etc, and we care that these libraries continue to be updated. Just saving does not resolve this issue. Thank you for considering adding the option to transfer ownerships in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines