Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to move creative cloud files location

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running out of space on the internal HD of my MBP so I want to transfer my creative cloud files to an external USB hard drive.

I've pointed the CC app at the new location and it starts to move the files by creating a 'Creative Cloud Files' folder in the new location, but when it gets so far I get an error message saying 'Unable to create the Creative Files Folder' - I get the option to continue using the aoo without syncing or restore the folder from the online backup and the new CC files folder disappears.

How can I move the folder?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Files folder is synced to cloud storage.  I recommend you reinstall.  Also change the install location from CC Desktop App Preferences.  See screenshot.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll try re-installing.

I changed the syncing location for the files and it starts to move them but then stops and shows the error message in my post.

I've already moved the apps (they needed to be un-installed individually and re-installed to go to thenew location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines