• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off local storage with creative cloud?

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CC on two computers: a macbook and a desktop pc. My pc has a huge amount of storage, and its where I do most of my work. My laptop is for when I'm in class or in the studio, and it has only a small amount of space which is constantly running out. For this reason, I try to keep all of my large files on my PC. However, whenever I save a file to the creative cloud, it stores the file locally on both my pc and laptop. To be clear, I love having access to my files on my laptop, but I much prefer the way icloud works, where you have access to all of your files but they only download to your computer when you tell them to. Is there any way to set creative cloud to not store files locally on a single computer?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

I agree with Design GGOCC's suggestion

If you had sync turned on on your PC, it would sync the contents of the Creative Cloud Files folder to your Creative Cloud storage but keep sync turned off on your Macbook and just download any files you wanted or need via a browser from Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't using the Creative Cloud Desktop app solve your problem? Turn sync off in the preferences of the app on your laptop, but keep it on for your PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to find such option on latest version of CC, OS X (Mojave)... All i find in the syncing options is the folder and speed, but no chance to turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to start a new discussion and explain in detail the problem you are having.

you have replied to a 2 year old discussion and your problem may not be the same. 

Click the link on the topic list to "Post to Community".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Design GGOCC's suggestion

If you had sync turned on on your PC, it would sync the contents of the Creative Cloud Files folder to your Creative Cloud storage but keep sync turned off on your Macbook and just download any files you wanted or need via a browser from Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you turn off the sync and work on a file on your laptop, do you then have to manually upload the change back into the Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you turn off the sync and work on a file on your laptop, do you then have to manually upload the change back into the Cloud?

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you guys are suggesting is to actually pause the syncing, right?
Because there is only Pause and resume, or is there any other way to turn it off?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pause is off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! You found a solution for your issue? 

My problem: 

Hi, I have CC enabled on my PC and I just bought a Mac and connected it to the cloud as well. What I just realized is that all my files that I have on the pc are not only in the cloud but have been saved on my laptop and are taking up a ton of space.
If I delete the files from my laptop are they deleted from the cloud or from my pc?
Is there a way to delete all the files on my pc from the cloud saved on my laptop at once? How can I avoid that the new files that I will be saving on my laptop are also saved on my laptop and leave me without space? Thanks in advance

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please see your duplicate post where your question is addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, your remark didn't included a link to the poster's "duplicate post." This leaves future people with this same issue, who find this thread via google search -- like me -- with no answers.

Adobe Creative Cloud needs to fix this issue. It's ridiculous. I'm not even a developer and I could code this simple fix and provide users with precision co trip over what syncs on each machine they use. It's not hard. They just don't seem to care. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100%. Adobe help desk confirmed it's not a current or planned feature, but advises to complete a 'wish list' form, which I'll be doing. It's currently not operating like a 'Cloud' service if it insists on duplicating files on every machine you use. Managing workflow without tripping yourself up with manual uploads/downloads isn't a solution across a team. Hate that we'll have to go back to Dropbox.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed - it is such a dumb oversight that makes it a joke implementation for a Cloud-based workflow. Yet another reason why we all refer to it as "Creative Clown".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! No yet....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines