Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Unable To Sync With Error Code 184

Enthusiast ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started to get the "Unable to sync. Install sync component and try again" message from the CC desktop app on my Win 10 laptop. It also shows "error code 184". When I click "Retry" it attempts to install something but that shows the same message.

This started right after I installed Photoshop on my Win 10 desktop PC. I do NOT get these messages from the CC desktop app on my Desktop PC.

How do I fix this?

2021-04-18 18_01_14-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Walter in Davie, FL
TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's a locked file (probably open in some program) that's unable to sync.

generally, if it's not obvious what's causing the problem (and how to solve the problem), restarting your computer is the quickest fix.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the identical issue with no resolution with suggestions given. Any idea how to locate the locked file?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no.

if restarting fails, suspend av, antimalware and other programs that oversee the files on your computer.

if that fails, you can use task manager (win) or activity monitor (mac) to terminate, at least, temporarily unneeded processes.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines