• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what happens to my portfolio once i end my adobe subscription?

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am starting on myportoflio as I have now an active adobe subscription (all apps), but wondered if I cancelled this subscription, will myportfolio website just disappear?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cancel your Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, your site will remain online for two weeks after the cancellation. After two weeks, your site will come down/offline but can still be accessed through your Editor at any time via myportfolio.com/editor. If you subscribe to another plan in the future, with the same Adobe ID, you will be able to log in and republish your site without having to build it again.

Re: portfolio - deleting account is portfolio information saved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just chatted with two different customer service agents and they gave me information that not only contradicted this Community answer, but each other's information. I've reached out on help.myportfolio.com to get some clarification. But the latest agent I chatted with, Seema, said everything would be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, friends. Adobe Portfolio responded to my email query and this is what they wrote:

"If you cancel or choose not to renew your creative cloud membership, your site will remain live for 14 days. After this 14-day grace period, your site will come offline. You will still be able to access all of your work in the Adobe Portfolio editor but your website will not be live/public until you renew the subscription."

Sounds like the above answer from 2017 is still true, despite what the chat help had to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this even fair??  I spent a ton of time working on a portfolio of my work and another website while I was in school and had Creative Cloud.  Obviously I can't afford to pay for it just to keep my portfolio online.  If this is how they are going to run Adobe Portfolio they should have a big warning for every new user: "WATCH OUT, AS SOON AS YOU LOSE YOUR PLAN ALL YOUR WORK WILL BE WASTED".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did you think it was a free forever service? How would Adobe make a profit that way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I did.  I figured it wasn't really free anyhow since someone had to pay for the subscription to start with.  I guess I'm just a little frustrated since now I basically don't have a portfolio anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your production files are yours forever.  you can use them to recreate a website for another free (or not) web host.

i've had several web hosts in the past 20+ years.  the worst (by far) was yahoo!.  the best, and my current web host for several websites i manage, is inmotionhosting.com.  

you'll also need to reserve a domain name to use for your website.  eg, adobe reserved adobe.com. 

you do that via a domain registrar.  i picked the least expensive (and their website looks like they'd be the least expensive) i could find, dotearth.com ($25 for 2 years).  they've done a good job, but yes, their website appears primitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An online portfolio is just a collection of uploaded work. If you still have your files which as a artist or designer you should, just upload them again in the future or when you get a personal website..... Always have your work backed up via multiple platforms and devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is how Behance works, it's free. So... I agree it should be free if you paid and subed for years and suddenly you can't AFFORD it. It should still be UP because with a professional-looking portfolio, you look for a job to be able to resub to adobe once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@melisssssssaaaaaaa 

you'll need to persuade adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@harrisonhero,

if you want a free (which comes with advertising) website, google it.  without advertising there are no pay once, have it for a lifetime web host vendors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines