• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will the Creative Cloud Suite be compatible with the new Apple M1 Chip?

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking into upgrading my laptop for work and would like to get the lastest Macbook Pro but worried my creative suite software will not work on the new processor chip.

Any annoucements?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Jerger, information on our support for ARM processors, including the M-1, can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/arm-processors.html.  Please bookmark the page, because similar to https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html it will continue to be updated as compatibility increases and known issues are documented.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

We also have this article referencing the latest info about M1 support.
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite is CS6 (and earlier) so do you mean CS6, or do you mean Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I mean all the applications included in the createive suite, like Illustrator, Photoshop etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will repeat... Creative SUITE is CS6 (and earlier) which was last updated in 2012

Do you have a Creative CLOUD subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Creative Cloud Subscription. Just want to know when the apps will be compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe generally does not discuss developement plans in public forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, their customer support told me to post here, lol. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on reading a LOT of messages in this and other forums, chat support generally answers questions by reading a "script" from a screen... and the last line of every script is "ask your question on the forum" when the chat person can't answer

A question like yours, about Adobe's development work, is very much one that can't be answered by support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Unnecessary personal remarks removed by forum moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow. I'm seeing this as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the news I have been reading the answer is that there are no promises that it will work with the M1 chip or if it does it will be decidely slower. Apparently Lightroom has been upgraded and Photoshop is promised in a month and no work on the rest of the Creative Cloud Suite. It may be easier for Adobe to make the switch (depending how much Apple propoganda you want to believe) but I imagine there is a lot of testing involved. I came here looking for an updated answer from Adobe as I am thinking about pulling the switch to am M1 MacMini. No information that I can find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I 'spoke' to an Adobe agent on Live Chat and they sent this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That page is outdated.  This is the most recent support article: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That 'big sur' link is about the operating system, not about hardware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, well, that's all they could tell me. I took delivery of a new MacBookPro last week – having asked Apple when the new M1 would be out – and they "couldn't" give me a date. So when the new one came out this week, I sent it back so I could order it the latest M1 mac. But then discovered this issue about Adobe not working on it and now I don't know what to do. I use Premiere Pro, Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop all the time (on my iMac) Do you think it is risky to get the new MacBookPro? I just wonder if the whole Adobe Suite will ever work on the new one?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>risky to get the new MacBookPro (ditto for big sur)

Every time Apple updates either the operating system (even 'point' updates like 10.15.7) or hardware all non-Apple vendors take awhile to catch up to the changes

So... update to the 'latest' at YOUR risk of having problems until non-Apple (Adobe and others) vendors officially issue new versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jerger, information on our support for ARM processors, including the M-1, can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/arm-processors.html.  Please bookmark the page, because similar to https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html it will continue to be updated as compatibility increases and known issues are documented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought the latest 13 in MacBook Pro with M1 chip, and found running Adobe Cloud on it is very lagged and unsatisfying. Not sure if it is due to the memory issue (my previous one is 16GB) or AC software compatibility, but if you are a power user like I am, I strongly advice you wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, CC is not optimized for the M1 yet. That will be gradual. And if you went to 8GB from 16GB, you might have some challenges at some point. I have an M1 MBP coming in this week, and I don't plan on making the migration immediately. I am looking fwd to it all. More and more videos are popping up on YT, and now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have grabbed an M1NI instead. The results have been nothing short of jaw dropping. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat.  My computer died this week and after talking with both Apple and Adobe I feel pretty confident that any issues will be fixed soon. Adobe told me they are currently working on their software to be compatible with the M1 chip.  I have another computer I can use so going to wait for another month or two before I buy my new MacBook with M1 chip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need to  get the 16" Macbook pro too. but They only have it with intel core i9 chip. This has been around for a long time and both companies and individuals have been using it, and it works well.  According to adobe they have no plans to stop supporting the intel chip.

Apple is moving to its own chip (M1) and to me the only claim they can make to market it is that "its faster". I am really leaning toward getting the  current ones with the intel chip since it works with Adobe.  No one know when adobe will be able to get it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.... this is a underwhelming list of observations.

New software and new hardware is totally predictable. Bla bla consumers need to wait, fine... but if you want consumers subscription money train then you need to be quicker at delivering product... clock is ticking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also have this article referencing the latest info about M1 support.
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines