• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Creatice Cloud Installer Still Require Rosetta 2?!!?

Contributor ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems silly - at least to me - that Adobe hasn't updated CC Instealler to Universal for M1 Macs

It can't be that tough, can it?

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BigCPixelBender, please see https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/can-i-run-my-adobe-apps-on-apple-compute... which discusses the topic of using Adobe applications on Apple's new processors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware that most of the apps in the Creative Cloud app are coded to Universal (Lightroom/LrC, Photoshop, etc.)

That's not the issue I'm raising.  The issue is the Creative Cloud INSTALLER still requires Rosetta 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are correct, Charles. Rosetta 2 will need to be installed if you wish to complete the download and install process.  Only the applications that are listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html have been updated at this time to run natively.   

Please do bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html so that you can be kept up to date as additional apps and services gain the ability to run natively using Apple's new processors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is the Creative Cloud INSTALLER still requires Rosetta 2.

By @Charles Putnam

========

Just curious.  Why is Rosetta 2 a problem? 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rosetta 2 was meant to be a stop-gao whilke developers reode their apps to Uniersal Binary.  

I could also ask - why is Aeobe taking so long to update the Creative Cloud apps to Universl?? Is it bvedause  of Lua - the coding software Aeobe uses?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't answer that. I'm not an Adobe engineer.  I'm just a fellow product user like you.

That said, Adobe apps are updated for M1 chip computers.  It's only the installers and plugins that require Rosetta 2 by Apple.  I suppose it's that way for the majority of users like me who don't have Apple M1 chips and probably never will.  😉

Anyway, cheers and happy holidays.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines