• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows computer not syncing CC files with Website/Mac CC Files?

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe!

Recently started having an issue where my Windows computer doesn't sync any files that are added on my Mac computer. The online CC files does sync both sides correctly. The Mac syncs all files added from the Windows side correctly. It's only new files that are not created on the Windows computer that never sync. Have a never-ending "syncing" progress circle on the CC Desktop App on the Windows side. Any ideas for how I can fix the sync on the Windows end?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem for a few days now - the CC App says that sync is complete, but these files don't get uploaded/updaed to the website. Also the icon overlay on these files remains in 'syncing' state.

I've tried pausing/unpausing, deleting the local db and temp folder, removing and adding the files to the CC the folder, but nothing seems to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Would you be able to collect and upload log files from your system?

Here is a link to an article about the tool with a link to download it.

Log Collector Tool

The tool will create a zip file on the desktop of all the log files. Please could you send us the logs of both machines with the file name which is not syncing (punaggar<at>adobe<dot>com) using the tool.

Also, can you please share the sync version specified in the Creative Cloud application Preferences tab.

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 4.17.06 PM.png 

Engineering team may have some additional questions but this will help us get started.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Puneet, trying to download the tool but I'm getting this error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please try downloading log collector tool from different browser/machine. I just tried downloading the same on my machine and it is working fine.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Puneet!

Apologize for the delay. Here are the debug files:

Adobe CC Files Logs - Google Drive

And both machines are Sync Version: 4.3.0.292

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the logs. Could you please share the file names which are not syncing to Adobe server as well ?

Regards,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a ton on the desktop that aren't uploading, but here's an example of a folder:

\ProgramData\Creative Cloud Files\OXENFREE FILM & MOTION\OXFM_Clients\Coca Cola Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an update to my issue.

We did a remote session with support and they asked me to kill all adobe processes and then delete the CoreSync folder in AppData/Roaming/Adobe folder.

After that I restarted back up the Creative Cloud app and it started syncing fine.

A a bit later though, the problem reoccurred but I was able to catch what was causing it - every time I would rename an existing file or folder, it would stop syncing any newer changes to the files in the sync folder. I was able to fix that too by removing and re-adding the renamed file or folder. After that the sync starts working normal again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines