Adobe Spark: Bad connection / Error: E_FETCH_COMPOSITION / Status: 500

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to edit a video and keep getting this:

---
Bad connection

Sorry, we are having trouble connecting to our servers.

Error: E_FETCH_COMPOSITION
Request ID: uu63VMF1fsYba5SqbjUeGYSfpU4x1Gvq
---

Happens on every video, including new ones.

Broadband connection is fine for everything else.

Can you explain/help please?
TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to be mean but... If you aren't interested to help people why do you write such a general answer? Better don't write anything if you don't know what is it all about. That is not support!!! Support means you show intereset for the specific problem and then you give an answer to that SPECIFIC problem.

What you deed can anyone do it: just copy and paste links to the help articles which anyone knows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you get this sorted? 

It's happening to me and I cant find a good response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue on all videos with a slightly different error code:

Request ID: aRufJAnQMc8zkOAfvxBES3Jeiow7tXpZ

It keeps throwing me out on nearly every action I take. I have tried clearing cookies and cache to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar error for me today.  Seems to be a long-standing issue.  I'm running the latest version of Chrome on a MacBook Pro with Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6.

Request ID: VfS4h2wZKRN0RwXpqaIRcloe1WWbI2To

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Did you get this issue resolved? If so, what was the solution? If not and it just ... went away on its own or something, how long did that take?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing yet.  Hope they fix it soon.  I'm about to give up on Spark presentations because of it.  Find any alternatives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't work. I have a good connetion, I mean, it says the connection is strong. I'm just trying to make a slideshow with my freind please, if you know how to stop this, please help or tell me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just doesn't work and Adobe ignores us and they don't really care. I find myself trying and again traying to see if they fixed something but no 😞

My recomandation is to just forget about it for now. I hope that they will fix that soon because Spark is a great tool and we are using it for all kind of stuf for our church, every week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things that may help:

1. enter the URL for the project in the URL bar, but before hitting enter or loading the page, add this to the end of the URL: "/repair" ... that'll scrub the video of anything that's broken, ostensibly

2. In my case, the problem was the font I was using. It's a corporate font that Adobe doesn't have in its library, so I had to upload the font as a piece of the Brand I was working with. Sometimes videos would fix if I tried the previous suggestion, and typed "/repair/gingerfonts" or something similar. Otherwise, my other suggestion if you're making a video is to find a similar font within Adobe's native libraries and use that instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't experience this problem anymore.

One possible reason: I normally duplicate a previous video to use as a template. When I created a new one from scratch I stopped receiving the error. Maybe the older video had elements incompatible with a Spark update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish that had happened to me, I always start a new video from scratch and am getting the error message so that's not the answer for me. It seems random, one day I could open the video the next day I couldn't. I thought maybe it was related to Google tomfoolery as I played around with different browsers but am not sure. I haven't been able to figure it out at all. I can make Spark pages, just can't open the video part of Spark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so was inspired by DJG123's comment that they did the opposite, I tried that by copying an old video and saving it with another name. It worked! I'll just delete the old content and start from there. Maybe save it as a template to work from in the future until Adobe fixes the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but duplicates do not work as well. Always the same error ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue with a Spark video I was trying to edit on the web. I switched to my iPad and was able to open and edit the project from the Spark video app. Not the best solution, but I was happy to be able to get access to the project again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Anyone know how to solve this? It is happening to me, the connection is fine, copied the video and changed the video name, but nothing.

Request ID: fpHXNsAWQed5me8YLhOXp8cj5zB1jk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue, deleted a load of old projects and it's suddenly working again. Unsure if it's related but might be worth a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good idea: deleting old projects. Because part of my suspicion initially was memory or bandwidth or something within my own Adobe account! 

I did learn that a primary reason I was getting the message is because the projects I was working on incorporated a corporate font that I needed to upload. The font isn't part of Adobe's own font library, and it doesn't play well with Adobe Spark for that reason. It either stalled all of my videos or in the case of graphics, would get corrupted every time I came back and reopened an existing project (the text would have suddenly changed to a different weight, spacing, etc.). My recommendation if you're using unique fonts is to either be patient or (in the case of videos) find a font substitute within Spark's native environment that looks similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Katelyn, your post made me think it might be an issue with the new branding I had created. I changed the font used and some of my videos worked. But then I changed my default brand and they all came back. Thanks for the fix! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines