Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely urgent concern about (potential) major privacy violation

Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened up "Creative Cloud" in the notification area today. I never asked for that thing, but it's forced upon me. Anyway, I browsed around to see what the default settings are, and what do I notice?

It's "syncing files" by default. And the default directory is... my user's master dir.

I felt a cold sensation on my back. Literally. PLEASE tell me Adobe isn't fetching and archiving all my private files without having told me about it. I'm 99.99% sure that this is NOT the case, because it would be as big a news as Adobe going fully open source and freeware with no ads, but still... that's what it says. There is no indication as to WHAT files are "synced", I was not informed about this in any way, and I have no practical way of finding out. There is zero info about it in the application.

So, please tell me what exactly it "syncs" by default. Why does it have my user's home/master dir by default? Is Adobe spying on my entire collection of private, LOCAL files that were never intended to leave my computer? If so, this is a nightmare. I really, REALLY hope I'm just being paranoid and this software is just extremely poorly designed and ambiguous.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

No files are being synced by default. There is a Creative Cloud Files folder in your user folder. Any files or folders placed there will be synced up. Currently it should be empty since you are not using it.

You can open the Creative Cloud desktop application Preferences dialog and turn the file syncing off.

Screenshot 2014-07-30 11.51.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No files are being synced by default. There is a Creative Cloud Files folder in your user folder. Any files or folders placed there will be synced up. Currently it should be empty since you are not using it.

You can open the Creative Cloud desktop application Preferences dialog and turn the file syncing off.

Screenshot 2014-07-30 11.51.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me !

I saw some suspicious network activity data beeing sent ... i opened the windows resource manager and then i realised somehow Creative Cloud services "got installed" on my PC and it was saying "synching data with the cloud". I checked and it was parsing my root folder c:\<username>

This is a violation of our privacy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also tried to uninstall it , it said it cannot because there are application using it ?! WTF ?! , i tried to exit it , it stayed in the task bar , then i had to download a executable unistaller from Adobe site and then warned me few more time that i should not uninstall it and the finally after restart the damn spyware dissapeared from the task manager . This is like a virus you cant uninstall.It scans all your username on C:\ drive folder and who knows whats sending it the clould.... This is a serious privacy violation

Ps: in adobe premiere there is also 2 options which analyze what u click in the program and scans all your processed media and sends it to the cloud partially . I disabled them but who knows whats left there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines