• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.TIFF files corrupted after CC sync from PC to Mac?

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the Creative Cloud subscription for a couple of years now. Have seen a few problems but nothing as potentially bad as this.

At my work i have a Windows 10 computer and all my files sync to Creative Cloud. At home I'm using a 2016 MacBook Pro (Sierra 10.12.6) and recently a lot of the files that were created on the Windows machine and synced to my Mac, are corrupted.

I'm working on some rather large 40+ MB .TIFF files. When they are synced to my Mac the preview in Bridge shows only part of the image. When I try to open the files in Photoshop, I get a message that Photoshop cannot read the data. Yesterday I tried to save the files again on the PC, using new filenames. 1 of the 4 files that previously wouldn't open, now works but the other three are stille broken.

If I log into my Create Cloud assets folder using Safari and download the files from directly from CC, they open in Photoshop without a problem. So, it's just the files that are synced to my Mac that have this problem.

The next step for me, would be to uninstall everything CC related on my Mac and reinstall /re-sync but it's kind of a huge task that I would rather not do.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Hi Simontc,

Reading the problem description, it looks like the files are not getting downloaded completely on your MAC. Could you please try the following workaround:

• Kill all Creative Cloud related applications including Core Sync.
  • Navigate to /Users/<user_name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/
  • Take a back up of the entire content of that folder and then delete it from there.
  • Now restart Creative cloud application.
  • This will trigger the download of your entire Creative cloud assets and onc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,

If you turn off file sync, delete the corrupted copies, then  turn back on file and let them resync. Are the new instances corrupted too? You should be able to just resync the problem files without needing to reinstall.

Could you try this and let us know if it help?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply.

I just tried turning off the cloud sync, deleting one of the files in question, and turning on Cloud sync again. Unfortunately it did not sync a new copy of the file from the cloud, but deleted the copy from the cloud instead.

I tried to log in to the online Creative Cloud folder. I made a copy of one of the corrupted files (was renamed 'filename_1.tiff') and saved it to the same folder. That one synced fine to my Mac. It seems that the files that are saved on the PC sync to the Cloud fine, but some of them are corrupted when synced to my Mac.

Very strange..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Simontc,

Reading the problem description, it looks like the files are not getting downloaded completely on your MAC. Could you please try the following workaround:

• Kill all Creative Cloud related applications including Core Sync.
  • Navigate to /Users/<user_name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/
  • Take a back up of the entire content of that folder and then delete it from there.
  • Now restart Creative cloud application.
  • This will trigger the download of your entire Creative cloud assets and once that is complete, see if you are still getting corrupted files.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines