• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two open a file on adobe creative cloud files at the same time. No message appears that the file is already open and being edited.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We're working for a customer with Adobe Creative Cloud Files. The project (InDesign file) is stored in a shared folder (including links). If I open the InDesign file and the client opens the file at the same time, no one will receive a warning that two people are accidentally working in the same file. That's annoying, because that's how mistakes happen (a conflicted file is generated/we have to compare the files).

When we work in the office on the server, we get a message: The file can not be opened because someone else is using it. Is it possible that this message also appears when working on Adobe Creative Cloud File? Or how can we handle this problem?

Thank you for your help.

Belinda

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to implement your own in-house version control methodology.  You can look into using GIT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

I use CC to work files on different computers, so I'm the master of disaster. Customers have normally only read access to my files if any... Your case is different, but I thought that Indesign handles file locking on it's own and does not use the OS for that.

A simple on the fly ad-hoc possibility would be to rename the file like "ImportantJob.myname.indd". So by convention write access is prohibited when the "locking" is in place.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines