• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

activation server error

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I fix an 'activation server error' in order to authorize my computer for digital editions software?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting this error and have been since December 25, 2014.  I de-authorized my computer as suggested by staff members and other forum posts, since I couldn't get my library books to load to my newly purchased Nook.  Now, I can't get my ADE to authorize my computer at all since I'm getting the server connection error.  "Connection Error.  Digital Editions could not connect to the activation server. Please make sure you are connected to the internet."  I know it's not an error with my Adobe ID or my internet, since I can post on this forum right now.  This problem is getting really frustrating!! Please, Adobe, help us out!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2015 Jan 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just me then! I get the same nonsensical 'connection error' message. Plainly this has been an issue for some time. Not the level of service to be expected by a company with the resources of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tired all steps. Still get the same cannot connect to activation server error!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kenb! I have to follow exactly the steps.

I didn't install ADE v 3 and installed the link to the current version 4.

It didn't work until I redo all steps listed by kenb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had wiped my computer clean and reinstalled all my programs including ADE 4.0.  I kept getting the activation error.  I followed your advice and  I uninstalled ADE version 4 and installed Version 3.  Everything is working AOK. I was able to authorize my computer and download books. I wish I'd have seen your "fix" hours ago - it would have saved a lot of hair pulling and teeth gnashing!!  Thanks Kenb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked MAGIC for me!!!

I wish there was a way to put this as the recommended answer on Google Search page because I have gone through a lot to get this to work. Thanks a lot Kenb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this works!. It's ridiculous though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work for me...      When I try to open the e-book I get

"activation error"

I go to "help"    and attempt to remove the authorization...  I  sign in....when the window pops up...

then on "are you sure...."  I click "yes". 

and   it is    NEVER,      able to deauthorize       no matter how many times ....over weeks and months   .....   it will not deauthorize...

and when I try to get a book it remains   "activation error"

digital edition 3    digital editions 4   nothing works....

I've been trying to read an e-book for a long, long time... from a site that only uses digital editions.  

When I try to get the book I get "activation error"    in spite of following the step   probably more than a dozen times...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A big thank you for Kenb.

It worked for me. I followed each step, even downloading the version 3.0. When I downloaded the version 4.03, it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kenb‌ this worked!!! Everyone, make sure to download version 3.0 and not the current one. I found it on google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a pile of crap this is.

All I want to do is read a library book.

Come on, Adobe.

You supposedly pride yourselves on being a leading tech company.

If you really have to apply DRM can it really be this difficult to build a reliable system that is easy to use?

Unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded and installed ADE version 4.0. Running on Windows 8.1.

Just keep getting "Connection Error"- Digital Editions counld not connect to the activation server. Please make sure you are connected to the internet."

I have a browser session open on Adobe site, including this one!

Firewall is also switched off now.

All I want is to read a book that I can't wait three weeks to arrive via post. What a P@!N.

Looks like money  wasted buying this book as I can read it!!!

Not a happy/impressed customer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem with my .acsm ebook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Contacted Customer service who referred me to the forums after the usual recommended fixes didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used another computer, same network, and it worked.  So the problem is almost certainly a software problem on one of my computers.  Now, what is the problem? d=

I've tried to locate firewalls and allow ADE to pass through, to no effect.

It would be nice if Adobe figured this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be damned.  Kenb's steps worked.  At least for v3.  I haven't upgraded to 4; I'm afraid to mess with it now that it's working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here: "Connection Error.  Digital Editions could not connect to the activation server. Please make sure you are connected to the internet."

Please help us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks @kenb it is working. kind of confused though how can they update the software just so it can't be used.. what a waste..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Editions could not connect to the activation server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart your machine and try again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot even de-authorize my computer; I get the E_AUTH_NOT_READY error.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling ADE 4.0 to no avail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2015 Feb 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't connect to the activation server either... tried lots of things but still can't connect, am getting a lil frustrated now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2015 Feb 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I uninstalled version 4.0, installed 2.0 and that solved the problem.

i Hope this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I uninstalled 4.0 and went back to 3.0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines