• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions does not sync across devices

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the product descriptions and several FAQs I found, it is an alleged feature that when I download media and open it in Digital Editions on, say, my PC, it should sync to my Digital Editions (same ID) on other devices like my tab.

I have 'auto-download' enabled. But this syncing doesn't seem to be happening. (Concrete example: I downloaded two library books to ADE on my PC with the same ID I use on my tab, but these books are not showing up on my tablet. The two books that are in my ADE library on the tab are also not showing up in the ADE library on my PC.) I also don't see any 'sync now' button or similar.

What am I missing, why is this feature not working?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 134 Replies 134
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This aweful reader was forced upon me when Bluefire reader was defunct. Bluefire was great.

The digital edition reader just doesn't cut the mustard. Its bookmarks and highlights are a joke. A primary school student could write better code! The syncing across devices still doesn't work. Even this forum doesn't check, nor correct, spilling mestakes. I'm looking for another reader to port my books to but I've not found one yet. Anyone had luck finding a new reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working in 2023, that's incredible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also came here to say it's 2023 and ADE library still can't sync across devices, despite six years of people complaining about this. Truly impressive endurance for ignoring your users Adobe, well done. I look forward to loyally using any product but yours in '23.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, having the same issue. Enabled synching, auto download. Installed/uninstalled on pc and devices, but it is not synching. I do not want to read my books on the PC. Any suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check out the thread. This problem has been around for several years and never solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up on using it and started using Google Play Books instead. It's clear Adobe doesn't want to fix this problem unfortunately 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having trouble syncing my ADE across devices. The adobe account that I used to authorise computer is no longer active, and I tried to erase authorisation (so I can re-authorise using an active email account), but it's asking me for a password.  Any suggestions on what I can do?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it is 2024, and it is still not working. This is quite an achievement Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filed in the '$"it, don't give a' folder, I suspect. I further suspect that's where all such queries end up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now April 2024 and I found this thread. I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions to my computer so I would not have to use up DropBox space. I've re-downloaded my books twice. The iPad STILL does not see them. I downloaded the books on the iPad and let it default - and it defaulted to Books. I will definitely UNINSTALL this - it does now work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines