Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions wont launch - Microsoft Surface Windows 10

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Digital editions has stopped working on my Microsoft surface running Windows 10 Pro. When you click on the icon nothing happens. 

I have tried the following with no success:

- Uninstalling and reinstaling 4.5.11

- Installing 3.0 

- Deactivating the computer through 3.0

- Renaming / moving My Digital editions folders

- Turning off McAfee

Any ideas on what to try next. Finding it hard to chat to someone directly at Adobe on a weekend.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Hi All,

It looks like when I download the 4.5 file. Windows automatically defaults to putting the application into Program Files (x86), when I change the file location to just a folder called Adobe in Program Files it fires up and works.

I am not a computer guy but a google search seems to imply that the 64-bit versions of Windows have two Program Files folders. The regular Program Files folder holds 64-bit applications, while "Program Files (x86)" is used for 32-bit applications. Installing a 3

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

It looks like when I download the 4.5 file. Windows automatically defaults to putting the application into Program Files (x86), when I change the file location to just a folder called Adobe in Program Files it fires up and works.

I am not a computer guy but a google search seems to imply that the 64-bit versions of Windows have two Program Files folders. The regular Program Files folder holds 64-bit applications, while "Program Files (x86)" is used for 32-bit applications. Installing a 32-bit application in a PC with a 64-bit Windows automatically gets directed to Program Files (x86).

The key was to use the regular Program Files folder which holds 64-bit applications and not the Program Files (x86) folder.

It had nothing to do with renaming the folder in My Documents 🙂

Ps. I managed to chat to someone via the chatbox on a sunday night when they picked up my earlier attempt to chat with them but they werent available. Adobe was on the front foot to help. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a while the ADE failed again. But changing the installation directory again fixed it.
In conclusion: change the installation directory and rename / moving My Digital editions folder (a new folder is created with the name "My Digital editions"). 

Every time the ADE fails repeat the process for example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\ade1\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\ade2\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\ade3\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\adeN\
Etc, etc. etc.
Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes this definitely works!  Hooray!  ......but in my case I need to remember my Austhorisation name and password from 10-12 years ago and there doesn't seem to be an assistance to change it for ADE via the Adobe website....I will persist.  Thanks again for your great solution which actually works!  Maybe Adobe can take notice of this problem too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can anyone provide this 3 that seems to be the only ADE working but they dont provide it anymore. They do have a link on the dwonladpage that says so ,but when you click it there is no software download option so that link is bogus. maybe provide a link to a working ADE 3 since it is the only way to a working ADE now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines