• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DRM authorisation not working - KOBO

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, this is another post about the DRM authorisation not working on KOBO. I spoke with the Kobo customer care (because luckily they do have one!) and they told me it's an issue on Adobe's end. On my computer, with ADE 4.5, everything looks good, authorisation has been granted etc. etc. But once I go on my Kobo Clara HD, the book can't be opened because "Your eReader is not authorized to open this book. Because you previously deauthorized your eReader, you need to reimport the book using ADE". I followed the Kobo guide, the ADE guide found here, and I still can't open ebooks I have legally access to.

Can someone please find a solution to this that works and solves the problem once and for all?

Please, do not refer me to previous posts or guides because I have followed them already. I need *actual* support. Also I'd like to point out how so many Kobo users have this problem and it would be nice if Adobe, which is our only option to read DRM protected books, fixed a problem that is clearly caused by them. It shouldn't be users coming up with solutions (like in this thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/digital-editions-discussions/kobo-won-t-open-library-book-because-ere... - a solution that worked for a while and now I'm again facing the same issue).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been BEYOND frustrated with this same issue.

The following steps worked for me

1) de-authorize your computer (ADE help menu) and then uninstall ADE

2) ERASE all ACSM files- I actually deleted everything in my MyDigital Editions folder

3) Factory reset the Kobo

4) download ADE version 3- I could NOT find this anywhere on adobe's website- I even contacted tech support and was told "we no longer support version 3"

I did find it here- WARNING: I have no idea if this is a safe download or not!  My virus scanner did not pick up anything:

Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 : Adobe Inc. : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

5) Install ADE v3 and reauthorize your computer

6) reauthorize the kobo (with the settings icon)

7) download a NEW book

8) proceed as before...

what a freaking nightmare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh I should mention that i tried the above with v4 and v4.5 without luck... adobe please fix this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that this solution *tends* to work. But I still find it insane that I have to go through all these steps because there is a bug somewhere in ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH! This worked for me! I just got a new Kobo Clara HD and I was so excited to be able to borrow books directly on the reader. Unfortunately I didn't have my reader handy when one of my recent holds became available so I borrowed it in Libby on my phone and figured it'd sync to my Kobo automatically. I should have known better. There is nowhere on the reader to sync books you've already borrowed (or at least none that I could find), and for the life of me I could not get ADE 4.5 to work. This is my second Kobo and I naively thought they would have finally worked out the kinks with the software, but obviously not. SOOO ANNOYING!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! After spending at least 4 hours on and off trying to figure this out when I have been using my KOBO Aura H20 for years now, I was ready to give up just when I saw your method. I uninstalled the newer version of ADE and went back to the 3.0 version. Our library suddenly started using Overdrive with Libby which messed up everything for me. I even called the library tonight to get help and the woman didn't know either. Thank you so much for your hint to go back to version 3. Why are the updates not working? It's been years now that it keeps bugging. I can finally start to read again! I even tried to sync my cell phone to my computer, and it didn't work either. I can read LIbby on my cell but the screen is too small and not easy to hold for a long time. Thanks again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, Lisa!

Try one two hours with ADE v.4.5 on an Mac Mini > frustration. My old (2013) Kobo Go wont work > not possibel to open the Online Library Books > Message: no DRM authorisation via ADE.

Find the Blog and your Message; half an hour > on my Kobo I can read the books.

You did a good job!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it and this looks to have worked for me. Lisa you're a champion.

@Adobe: What's the deal with ADE 4.5 & kobo?

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and it is so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also have this problem, but only when using the Libby website to download books.  Works perfectly well with borrowbox.  Only problem is, it is the library which dicates the app you have to use for their books.  I have joined other libraries that use borrow box rather than Libby.

On the up side, usually if you just leave the book on your Kobo for a couple of days, all of a sudden when you try to open it, it opens fine.

Sorry I don't have a permanant solution for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It never happened to me that after a few days the book becomes readable, but I'm glad it works for you.

For me it has nothing to do with the app from which I download the books, it happens when I send the book to my kobo using ADE - regardless of the version I use. Basically, if I download a book from overdrive directly to my Kobo, I have no issues. If I upload it from my computer through ADE, it won't recognise my authorisation.

You have nothing to apologise for. It's an Adobe issue that they should fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  Started borrowing rbooks from my librayr and ran into this problem on my Kobo. like others, spend too much time trying to fix it.  Did as suggested and install ADE v3 and it worked!!.   Adobe need to fix their current version of ADE...
Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines