• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

e_adept_core_key_scramble

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2024 Sep 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening this evening after downloading a new epub this evening.

There is 0 reference to this online. 

Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 173 Replies 173
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2024 Oct 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be some mistake. Kobo books are in EPUB format, even with DRM, they can be read on ADE and even sent to Kindle, which currently accepts this format. There are tutorials on the internet for this.

Kobo even allows you to download the ACSM file which can be read on ADE, then you can distribute it to your Kindle or even read it on Calibre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2024 Sep 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I sent an e-mail to Google, but the answer keeps being the same and only says I should ask here. Will it be released over time? I've been so frustrated for days. T T 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2024 Sep 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something similar has happened previously (seriously, search for adobe digital editions / google play / issues and you'll see this crops up from time to time over the years). I give this a few weeks, and then your purchases will probably work again. For some reason Google is terrible at telling anyone what is actually happening, or if they're actually solving the issue, but each time I've encountered it, they manage to fix it after a few weeks.

Sucks if you want to download whatever you bought immediately though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2024 Oct 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is not the first time I've encountered it, either. It never lasted this long previously, though. Google is such a behemoth, these book sales likely are about as significant as a mosquito bite on a brontosaurus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2024 Sep 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colleagues, there is currently no solution to this error.
The best option is:
1. Ask Google to refund the book;
2. Buy the book from another supplier. I bought it again from Kobo.
Have a good week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2024 Oct 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2024 Oct 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

Maybe when Google Books sales start dropping off, they will address the issue.

Will look into Kobo; Kindle is not an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@elis_9552  - It is every book that is DRM protected, which is pretty much every book apart from some free ones. 

Unless you are desperate to read the latest translation, you can get a free epub from Project Gutenberg, because the book is way out of copyright: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1232 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oct 2nd 2024 and I get the same error. The book I purchased from Google is in both pdf and epub format, the pdf format worked fine. It seems to be specific to epub only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution is with calibre, download and install the plugin DeACSM, log with my adobe account in the plugin configurartion, restart calibre, then add the acsm to the calibre library, the epub file will be downloaded to the calibre folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bam! worked like a charm. Calibre is super! My favorite reader.

Thanks rodochopper!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAW! glad to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the named plug-in on the Github page below. I don't know anything about Github and how secure the site is. The page references one known bug for library downloads, don't know whether that's since fixed. 
1. Is this plug-in legal?
2. Can this plug-in interfere with use of ADE if we want to go on using that? Not that I'm a big fan of Adobe or Digital Editions.
THANKS very much.
|https://github.com/Leseratte10/acsm-calibre-plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Github is a place where you can get coded plugins and other digital items that are basically developed and posted by individuals -- so, it can be a bit of crapshoot. Not unlike wikipedia. That being said, I have downloded many things from github without issue. Just check comments and go with your gut.

In terms of legality. Lol. No. Anything that removes copy protection is not legal. At all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than welcome! the one that i used is downloaded from the calibre repos, directly from the calibre app... as far as i know it is just a compatibility plug in in order to read the ACSM (ACSM is just basically an encripted file with the certificate to download the EPUB, so i belive is more than legal, if not, then adobe should fix the issue from their side to avoid these workarounds. Greatings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just works! My friend, you are the true hero!

Now it seems that the problem is caused by ADE but not Google's license system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are welcome! glad it worked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i see everyone here saying it is Google problem, however we can see that is just in part. Google DRM policies are horrible, and i agree with the people who just bought a book and want to read it and are furious. The war they try [illegal content removed] is just why a lot of people beggings in that world. [illegal content removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2024 Oct 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it only ever seems to happen with Google I think there's also the possibility google aren't on the ball updating their keys or code libraries to stay in sync with Adobe's encryption. Export to Adobe is a microscopic thing on Google's radar - whereas it would be key to Kobo or publisherss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both of these Plugins installed: DeACSM (0.0.16) and DeDRM (10.0.3). With DeDRM disabled, it didn't work; when I enabled DeDRM, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, depending on the book, DRM nowdays is awful, glad it worked for you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rodochopper, much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plugins.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Finally it worked!

FYI, it only worked when I used both DeACSM and DeDRM. 

good_Raindrop4706_0-1727920921916.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines