• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2010 Oct 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error and it is frustrating me. I need to access this book for my class and still have not gotten it. I have paid money for it and would like to use it sometime....

I installed this program on my friends computer and accessed the book. At the time, that was the only place I could download the book and read it. Now I would like to switch it to my computer so that I can do my homework and assignments at my place. I have looked and tried and everything you can ever imagine to fix it, but I still get the same error.

Please help!

TOPICS
Install ADE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a PC, mate, the answre's in reply 7.  Here:

"I am getting the error 'Error getting License: License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER' when opening Adobe Digital Editions."

This error message is a result of a several different issues:

1. User has installed an Adobe ID on more than one machine
  2. User has modified the clocks on their computer
  3. User has modified their account from a "Do Not Authorize" to an "Adobe Activated ID"
  4. User has uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Digital Editions, but the installation is not being completely removed from the computer.

title="function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}" lang="function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}"

• Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add Remove Programs
  • Initiate Uninstall
  • In order to remove all remnants of Adobe Digital Editions / Adobe Adept from the machine a "Registry Edit" will need to be performed:
    • Start > Run > Regedit
  • Search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Adobe > Adept and Delete the full "Adept" folder
  • Remove only the structures that are under the "SOFTWARE" extensions. This will remove the Adobe ID / License and Activation Keys
  • Clear any outstanding tasks that may be associated to Adobe Digital Editions downloads
    • C:\data\my digital editions
    • C:\my documents\my digital editions
  • Delete any documents within these folders:
    • Restore > Tasks
    • Restore > Failed
  • Re-install Adobe Digital Editions

This is the information I came across on the forums--hope it helps.

Specifically the REGEDIT bit.  But do i all in order.

If this doesn't work and/or you're using a PC, get back to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 10, the solution is to open Adobe Digital Editions in Administrator mode, or right click on the ADE desktop icon and choose "Run as Administrator". Enter your administrator password, and now you can view your e-book. In order to download and view e-books direct from the public library, you have to first log on to the Administrator account first, then go online. It's dangerous to go online in Administrator mode, and that's probably why Adobe is having so much trouble getting this program to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

completely remove the initial install from your friends computer. Make sure you have it plugged into the internet when you do the install. Then proceed as normal on your computer. That gets you there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using ADE for years...never installed on a friends computer....

wcook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a book on my tablet using OverDrive, and when I tried to download it again onto my computer using Adobe Digital Editions, I received this error message:  E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER.  After going back and forth with the bookseller without success, I figured out the following solution.  Erase the authorization in Adobe Digital Editions, and reauthorize the computer, making sure to select OverDrive as an authorized "Vendor."  In this way, your Adobe and OverDrive accounts will be linked so that Adobe won't think OverDrive downloads are being done by another user fulfilling the license.  In other words, you have to tell Adobe that the user who fulfilled the book using OverDrive was you.  Adobe will also allow you to choose other "Vendors" from a list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this issue on my mac 

I opened Adobe Digital Editions and clicked help 
Then selected Erase Authorization 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have solved this issue!

As another user replied, enter your ADE software, then Ctrl Shif  D, unauthorize. 
Then reinstall it (well, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again, but perhaps you don't need to uninstall it), go to help, authorize pc (or just press Ctrl Shift U) and insert your Adobe ID (your email and password). That's it!
Solved in an hour more or less!!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey guys, it's very frustrating to see that there has been the same problem for over 10 years that hasn't been properly addressed yet!

I came to this page very frustrated myself, so I want to offer an easy solution that somehow works for me:
        1. I converted the .acms file to .pdf (I think .epub should also work)
        2. then opened it in Adobe Digital Solutions.

Worked instantly, even though I couldn't open this file anywhere else. 
You can then open the file elsewhere (like in your browser), download it (I think it opens it as .epub), convert it to .pdf, print or whatever. Good luck, I hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines