• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error check activation

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded adobe digital editions. When I go to download my library book and open it with the program I get a message "error check activation". Help I don't know what to do. Everything is authorized but I don't know how I correct the error.

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Please try de authorizing and then re authorize(do this only if you remember your ID and password). Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try de authorizing and then re authorize(do this only if you remember your ID and password). Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thanks so much. Very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my day, I try to delete, authorization and recover after but in my case (ctrl + shift + D) its not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johanne45 Go to library and try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I de-authorize?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error. How do I de-authorize it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the Adobe Digital Editions is open go under Help and choose Erase Authorization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried de authorizing and re authorizing but I am still getting the same message. What should I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  I'm computer savvy, but new to ADE.  I've downloaded two links using the publishers processes, but ADE 4.0.1 running on my Win7 laptop always gives the same little error box: "Error! Check Activation."  De-authorizing and re-authorizing made no difference.  Interestingly, I was able to retrieve the same two pdf books using my desktop running the slightly older ADE 4.0 without any issues, but can't even get them to the laptop using my Adobe ID.  What next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I got it working but there's an additional step.  You have to exit and re-run ADE after de-auth/re-auth for the changes to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! This worked! had to go to library mode for it to give me the option to erase authorization. Re-authorized and now it's working.Thanks for your help guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  It worked for me.  I was missing that addition step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2016 Jun 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what do you do if up deactivate and try to reauthorize but it has your old email address?  I changed my address under my acct but it doesn't let me change it on the device.  So frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am also having this problem, however when I click on the help tab, I cannot select the Eraze authorization option !?!? Any ideas why? Or how I can change it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not able to select Erase authorization, then that means that your computer is not authorized at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem (Windows 7) re the Error: Check Activation message; I will de-authorize and then reauthorize and see if that solves the problem; when I enter my Adobe ID and password, do I use my Adobe password, or the password I use for Barnes and Noble (which is linked to ADE for my Nook)?  THX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Deauthorizing worked.  Now I have my books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these actions work for me. Also re-installing ADE 3.0 doesn't work. Anything else I could try before I throw the lot out of the window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally found the solution!

It's important to not only de-authorize the device, but also the computer. This can only be done by opening ADE, clicking Help and then Ctrl-Shift-D. Afterwards, re-authorize the pc again and it should work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2015 Jan 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. After erasing the authorization in the help menu and then re-authorizing, I was able to add my 2 Adobe Content Server Message (.acsm) books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @judithlang !

Like you I did not have the option in the helpmenu to "de-authorize".

Adobe must have forgotten to show this option in the help-menu, or to delete the keyboard-shortcut.

I guess it's a translation error.

Adobe, please test local instances of ADE better. The world does not end at the borders of America or GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been trying to install / uninstall and reinstall Adobe digital for more than 3 hours to be able to borrow digital books and I constantly had an "Error Check Activation" message. It's really your thing that allowed me to settle everything. Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting this error as well and none of the above has helped.

I've de-authorized, uninstalled, then reinstalled and re-authorized and restarted the PC and am still getting this error.

I'm able to download a book from the Kobo store, but cannot get a library e-book added to the ADE library for transfer to my mother's Kobo.

Her computer is Win8.1 and ADE 4.0.2.

Any other solutions out there?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines