• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Got E_ADEPT_INTERNAL with unknown reason

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got E_ADEPT_INTERNAL these days when trying to download new ebooks I bought, also, when I trying to redowload the existing ebook, the E_ADEPT_INTERNAL was also appearing. I've tried the solutions in the support center, and of course they are not working. Does the issue occur from the Adobe services?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. I noticed it two days ago for a book I bought. I thought the book has a problem and asked a refund for the book. But today, I've got the same message for 2 new books I bought. Even for old ebook I bought and which were still opening well last week. But now, I got that error message.
I have tried : 1/ remove and download again and 2/ also unhautorized, reauthorized like I've saw in forum discussions but nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I've tried the trick of de-authorizing my computer, deleting the registry key, and reauthorizing again. Didn't help. It worked a few weeks ago. I'm on win 10. The acsm files were from Google play. Is there a hope this will get fixed/addressed or is it better to go straight up for a refund?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problems are also with the ebooks downloaded from Google Play, and the told me to contact to Adobe for the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've de-authorized my computer, uninstalled ADE using RevoUninstaller, deleted the ADEPT registry key, deleted the My Digital Editions folder, installed the newest ADE version, re-authorized, and downloaded a new copy of the acsm file. Still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really a problem with the opening of Google Play files.

I have no problem with Kobo files, even with a drm protection they opened as usual in ADE.

But none of the books files I export from Google Play now/these days work, every time I got that message error.

It seems it is a sudden problem of compatibility between Google Play books files and ADE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I aksed Google Support again after seeing your post, they finally answered me that there're working with Adobe's team to solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, I've followed the instructions I read on the forum, but I still can't add the book I bought from the Google Books page to the library, I keep getting the E_ADEPT_INTERNAL error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just chatted w/google play support and they also said they are working w/Adobe.  I tried to get a refund, but I bought the book too long ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just chatted with ADOBE online CS, they said there is the problem of Google books.
So what's going on?
(the ADOBE online CS just leave the chat with no solutions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me.  It was still working on Nov 8.  On Nov 13, I purchased another book and when exporting it to ADE it gives me the E_ADEPT_INTERNAL error (when it's authorized without an ID).  When authorized with ID, then it gives the limit reached error.  This applies to all my previously purchased books. I've tried the solutions in the support center and not able to make it work. Any suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, though I do not know, that a limit is reached if you "export" your book too many times.  If something with this system, you may inadvertently reach this limit (as in there is something wrong with the process of exporting the book and using the ACSM file to add this book to your library in ADE).  I have reached a limit before with Google Play Books and I had to contact them before I could resume exporting the book.  The limit is reasonable.  If someone were up to something devious, that somehow contravened the rights of the author and publisher, the number export attempts might be a red flag.  I think you can have this limit reset with Google Play Books.  The E_ADEPT_INTERNAL will not go away until the problem between Adobe ADE Google Play Books is resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's weird that so many people got the problem at the same moment (?).

+ it's in Google Play agreement that we can read our purchase on ADE. It's part of their sale's advertise... They even gaave a help page to explain how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the limit referred to the number of devices you've been using (I
think it supports upto 6 devices). When I authorize it with my ID and PW,
it gives me the limit reached error, but when I authorize it without ID, it
gives me the E_ADEPT_INTERNAL error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, but I only use Google play on my computer and phone, so it's two devices. And for ADE, it's only on my computer (1 device). I haven't add anything more.

In ADE, I have done all the remove the ID, erase the file, re-authorize the ID on ADE. I have also uninstall and reinstall. Same as some other people here, with no change in the end.

It can be the 'export limit' of a book as two are just new (I just bought them) but even the old ones don't open anymore if I export a file to compare if it works.

Also, a book bought two days ago in Kobo opens with no problem in ADE.

I saw in Reddit that people complains having the same problem right now but only with Google Play Books, their Open library Libby books open with no problem in ADE.

It seems that thé compatibility between Google Play books and ADE is broken somewhere or on one side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.
After a long exchange with the Adobe helpdesk, I had no solution.
I sent a long mail to Google and I still have no answer...

PLEASE: HEEEEEELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the error. I hope we will receive a positive feedback/resoltion next week from Google's side.

I saw that even on Twitter people are complaining. Each time, the problem seems with Google Play Books 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I found my support ticket of Google Play Books changed the title into "Reached device limit", but they're still solving the issue according to their reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does e_adept_internal error has something to do with a limit ?

For me it concernes all my google play books, olds and new (2 new ones that have never been uploaded on ADE or anywhere)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But still good to change it if needed. Maybe it's a limit set suddenly and wrongly on their side (?) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning, I tried to export a acsm pdf from one of a free book I "bought" to make a re-try but now, the button redirects me to a Google Play help page. So I think that said "the exportation service of ADE is not available for the moment. We are working on it."

Great that they don't just let people download their acsm without understanding why they got an error after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works again !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried it w/o having to do any of the usual recommended activites and it does work now. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AH! FINALLY! It works again! Thanks for the replies above. Did anyone also successed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it works for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines