• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nook Glowlight Plus - Loan Token Update Failed.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this nook for a year and read numerous library books on it, but yesterday I started getting a 'Loan token update failed' error when I tried to open a downloaded .epub book.

I have tried everything I can find on the internet as well as calling barnes and noble who was less than helpful. 

I have tried...(muliple times for each of these)

• Deauthorizing ADE
  • Going back to ADE 3.0
  • Unregister, deauthorizing my nook
  • Trying a different Adobe ID
  • Using a different computer

I've had every e-ink version of the nook, but I'm about to the point of buying a kindle (or course I'm blaming the nook, because although I love how this nook feels, I have had more problems with library books on this one than any of the ones before).

Thanks for any help anyone can offer -

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having this same problem last night. It looks like at that time Barnes and noble had to push an update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat.  This just started on Tuesday, 10/12/21.  I have re-registered my Nook to no avail.  Hopefully, there is an answer.  I love my Nook and really am not ready to give up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also just started having the same problem...super frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue getting an error "loan token not found".  This is super frustrating.    Is anything helping anyone to be able to acccess their library books from overdrive to the GLp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. In fact I purchased a new Nook, and it had the same problem (since returned). B&N has told me they are aware of the problem and working on an update. VERY frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that this works:

(1) deleting the 4.X version of Adobe Digital Editions on your computer and replacing that with ADE 3.0

(2) deauthorizing your computer from ADE

(3) Getting out of ADE

(4) Reentering ADE and authorizing your computer with ADE (using the 3.0 version of ADE)

BTW, I own 3 different ebooks and was able to download, move to my Nook Glowlight+ and read said ebooks while in ADE 4.5.11 so, it appears to me that the problem of not being able to read (checked out) ebooks on a Nook Glowlight+ lies not with ADE as much as it lies with whatever vehicle your local public library uses to download ebooks (in my local libraty's case, it's Overdrive)...Nook Glowlight+ is old and some 'yokel' decided that Nook Glowlight + just wasn't worthy of beisn accessible to checked out ebook downloads, IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you find a copy of ADE 3.0 to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah.  I used the search engine Bing, typed in download ADE 3.0 and found a link which provided the download for 3.0.  Can't remember the exact link address.  Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a copy but that didn't make a difference for me. Barnes and Noble says they are working on a software update to fix the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as of 10/15/21 - tried everything including installing ADE 3.0, transferring on 4 computers (MACs/PCs), deregistering and reregistering my nook, deauthorzing and reauthorizing numerous times, etc... so frustrated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and nothing has worked.  Contacted the library and B&N and per B&N they are working on a patch as it's a known issue.  They do not give a timeline for when it will be fixed.  Has anyone else had the workaround mentioned above of downloading ADE 3.0 work for them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried downloading Adobe 3.0 as stated-in addition to many other suggestions of fixes. Nothing has helped. I’m waiting for the patch from B&N. Hopefully it will come sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  Got an update to my nooks last night. Was psyched to see they were installed, and looked forward to checking a library book tonight.  Nope. Same problem.  The Adobe just CRASHES. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any luck with the update?  The patch didnt work for me.  Sadly I think Im going to have to switch to Kindle to avoid ADE, these issues come up every 1-2 years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! The update did work for my GlowLight - I can borrow books from the library again - so glad it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: Ugh ...now it stopped working again. So disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines