• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation Error downloading books TO Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using this for several years. All of a sudden I can no longer download my purchsed books to Adobe Digital Editions. It says ther is an activation error. I have tried to deauthorise but it will not accept my email and password to do so! I am very confused! 

TOPICS
Activation , ADE authorization , Deauthorization , Download , Nook

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and am on a loop GETTING NOWHERE.  Very unhappy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told that I needed to download an earlier version, which I did and I am getting the same message with library books.  The told me to re-register, but I can't.  Their needs to be a complaint line for there free products on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to get an earlier version here, link is disabled. All of a sudden, I can't get my libraray books into DE. WTF??

Tried everything I've googled to no avail. Keep getting different errors. Adobe chat has no one to support it online, they said. I have to try & call & speak to someone (in India, I'm guessing). 😠

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My app stopped working mid-November; I got an error message "Check Activation", so E-Books wouldn't download from BorrowBox.With Adobe Support I have found a solution - it's about having correctly recognised authorisation:

1. Uninstall the faulty ADE 4.5.11
  2. From Adobe's website re-install ADE 4.5.11 (I use the Windows edition)
  3. Open the ADE, go to Help, and select Erase Authorization. Follow the steps.

4 Go back to Help, select Authorize the Computer and follow the steps outlined (they are very clear - you need a user name (your own, [the administrator] email address, and to create a password).

1. Go to Help, and select Authorization Information. Your details (user name and Adobe vendor ID) should be clearly visible (and ticked as 'Default)
  2. Close the ADE. Go to BorrowBox and test out a download. It should work, and then you can transfer the Ebook to Kobo.

Note: I tried this sequence several times before it magically worked - persist.

It took me over 12 hours of Live Chat with a number of Adobe consultant's before one  (Vishwarath) guided me through the above fix. Persist in requesting support, and don't ever be discouraged by any app provider using the excuse that "as it's free software we no longer support it" - that's not good enough. 

I hope sharing what's worked for me will be useful to the thousands of ADE 4.5.11 users whose app has suddenly stopped working.

I have shared this solution with Bolinda (the owner of BorrowBox). ADE 4.5.11 is a great app, and I happily use Adobe programs.

I welcome any feedback. Good luck,

Garry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines