Highlighted

Can't download library books to ereader

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have previously been able to download ebooks to my ereader (Kobo) using my public library Overdrive site and Adobe Digital Editions.  Lately, I cannot download the books into Digital Editions.  I get no error message - just nothing happens after I get the dialogue box saying "fulfilling content".  It appears to be an issue with digital editions, not my library site.  I have tried multiple books, I have uninstalled and reinstalled ADE several times and nothing seems to be working.  It is very frustrating, as well, that there doesn't seem to be a way to contact a person at Adobe and directly communicate with them to solve this issue!  Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't download library books to ereader

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have previously been able to download ebooks to my ereader (Kobo) using my public library Overdrive site and Adobe Digital Editions.  Lately, I cannot download the books into Digital Editions.  I get no error message - just nothing happens after I get the dialogue box saying "fulfilling content".  It appears to be an issue with digital editions, not my library site.  I have tried multiple books, I have uninstalled and reinstalled ADE several times and nothing seems to be working.  It is very frustrating, as well, that there doesn't seem to be a way to contact a person at Adobe and directly communicate with them to solve this issue!  Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 06, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do get the book download but then can't open the books. I have tried the reauthorization steps a million times and becoming extremely frustrated! I should mention I have the Kobo Aura (1st one), and have been downloading books for 4 years. This is a new thing. I have also tried reverting to ADE 3.0 to no avail.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 06, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Have tried the same steps and still can't download a book to my Kobo.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I believe I have solved the problem, which was somewhat multi-faceted.  My library's techperson advised me to revert to ADE 3.0. As my computer is brand new, I had installed the latest version. When I tried to install 3.0, it refused to do so without first installing a patch, so I did. When I finally installed 3.0, it wouldn't let me erase the authorization in order to re-authorize. At that point I became totally frustrated and put my problem in the hands of my son-in-law, a computer scientist, who erased the authorization through the registry editor. Now I am happily reading books on my Kobo! I hope this helps some of you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried exactly the same yesterday: I deinstalled all versions of ADE left on my computer, then reinstalled ADE 3.0 and deauthorized it.

It works!!! I can download books into the program and read it comfortably. As I mentioned I use a Mac Book Pro with Os 10.8.5!! I am rather happy! Many greetings, Ulrike

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2018 0
mt464545 LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEAY!!!!  THIS WORKED in Jan 2020 for my Kobo Clara which had stopped working with ADE!  Went back to 3.0 and now it's fine THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me - but I can still use my old computer with older version of DM to get the books!  The Overdrive download opens ADE, but nothing happens after that, book does not appear in Adobe Digital Editions Version 4.5.7

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my Macbook pro. it works fine with OS 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion). Until this morning I had ADE 4.5.6 on it and this worked. Then I updated on 4. 5.8. and nothing works anymore. I cannot open any book in ADE!

I am rather nerved!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it no longer possible to download peub books from overdrive to an ereader?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2019 0