• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to transfer an eBook from Adobe Digital Edition to iPad Mini ?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I move an eBook in PDF format, which is now sitting in the "Library"  of "Adobe Digital Editions" on my PC to my iPad Mini ? Appreciate your help !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

Junijune please see View e-books | iOS, Android devices - http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/view-e-books-ios-android.html for information on how to transfer to books to your iOS device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SIMPLE STEPS

1.DOWNLOAD BLUEFIRE READER ON IPAD

2.GO TO APPS TAB IN ITUNES OF UR COMPUETER

3.SCROLL BELOW..FILE SHARING

4.SELECT BLUEFIRE FROM LIST..

5.ON RIGHT HAND SIDE ..GO TO ADD..SELECT THAT ADE EPUB FILE..

THATS IT..

(ADE FILE YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED FROM NET WILL BE THERE IN "My Digital Editions" FOLDER IN YOUR PC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work - the file does not show up in my blue fire app on my iPad - i have done it repeatedly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Download "Adobe Digital Editions" from App store.

For transferring books to ipad, you can try either of two things:

- Email your book and download it on your ipad, only make sure authorization credentials is same on your ipad

or

-Connect your ipad to your machine

-Open itunes

-Select ipad.

-Select Apps

-Scroll below to File Sharing

-Then select ADE

-Click on Add and select the file that you want to transfer

now, open ADE app on ipad, tap on leftmost button (3 line), and select refresh.

Your book will appear in ADE on ipad.

only make sure authorization credentials is same on your ipad

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds easy...but didn't work

If it's a library book, it's easier to go to your ebook library account on your Ipad, then download directly from your library account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate, it worked like a charm....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, before writing this, I deauthorized and reauthorized Adobe Digital Editions on both my Macbook and iPad. I have only ever had one Adobe account so they are the same.

I emailed the book to myself, and when I tried to open it in ADE on the iPad I got this message: "Connection Error Detected ... make sure you are connected to the internet." Yes, I am connected to the internet. I downloaded the book from email which requires internet. I see the cone-shaped wifi symbol on the top of my iPad which means it's connected. But to be doubly, triply, sure I opened a browser and surfed a bit, mainly on how to get this app to work. ADE, however, refuses to accept that I'm on the internet.

It is supposed to automatically pull books I borrow from the library, but ADE resolutely remains empty. I went to my library's site to download directly to the iPad, but there is no option to do so. Instead, it tells me: "This format doesn't work on this device." (Why all publishers don't just make their books in Kindle format is beyond me.) I refreshed and refreshed and refreshed and refreshed some more, but my borrowed book did not appear.

If I sound frustrated it is because every single time I have borrowed a book that required ADE it simply has not worked instantly, if at all, like Kindle does. (Again, why can't publishers just also offer a Kindle edition ... ) Sometimes I can get it to work on the iPad after an inordinate amount of effort; other times I've been forced to read the book on my Macbook. Today, I've been messing about with this for almost an hour now, and I finally gave up on ADE and downloaded Bluefire Reader. That worked like a charm.

It's because of this hassle I refuse to borrow books that are only in epub or pdf formats. And googling for help is mostly unhelpful. I realize this is an old thread, but I couldn't find anything more current here, so I guess it's no surprise that Jeff's link at the very top is of absolutely no help whatsoever. I love other Adobe products, but reading a simple book on ADE on my little iPad has been nothing short of a nightmare every time. Ok, I'm done venting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two parts, the transfer, then reading it when it gets there.

Apple likes to make it difficult to transfer files, so you can't just use file manager.

Three ways are iTunes, DropBox (which I usually use) and email it to yourself.

If it is a DRM PDF file, you will need something like the Bluefire app for iPad to read it.

If it is nonDRM, I'm sure there are lots of apps on the iPad to read it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old string, but I could not get any other suggestions to work to be able to read books checked out on my laptop on my iPad mini.  This was ridiculously complex to set up. 

I moved my ebooks to Dropbox, which I can access from all devices.

Downloaded the Adobe Digital Editions App.  Authorized it.  Couldn't read ANYTHING or download anything properly.

Downloaded Bluefire Reader.  Authorized it the same as Adobe Digital Editions.

From the Dropbox app on my iPad:

- made ebooks available offline

- in upper right corner, clicked the 3 dots, chose "export", then "open in", then found the Bluefire icon and clicked it.

The ebooks immediately downloaded and became available. 

There was so much trial and error that I do not know what the magic combo would be to make this a shorter process.  Hope it helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're awesome! I've been at this for hours. You have made my day Thank you for taking the time to explain that so well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I am using a Mac with an iPad. I have downloaded Adobe Digital editions to my computer and my iPad. When I download a book from my library that is a EPUB  book it is  downloaded to my computer. I am unable to get it to transfer/move to my iPad where I'd like to read it.   I have tried  this advice

"In the ADE application (on your computer), right click on the book/pdf file and choose 'show in finder' or 'show in explorer' I'm on a MAC so its 'finder' for me. You'll be able to see the source file there which you had initially imported to read in your computer. Copy (drag and drop) this file to the iPad ADE app via iTunes - File Sharing. Once this is done, click on refresh option on the iOS app and it should come up."

I am able to move the book to my desktop but I get stuck at the part  where I am supposed to be able to drag and drop the file to my iPad ADE  app  via iTunes - file sharing. I cannot find anywhere on iTunes " file sharing"

help,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the ADE application (on your computer), right click on the book/pdf file and choose 'show in finder' or 'show in explorer' I'm on a MAC so its 'finder' for me. You'll be able to see the source file there which you had initially imported to read in your computer. Copy (drag and drop) this file to the iPad ADE app via iTunes - File Sharing. Once this is done, click on refresh option on the iOS app and it should come up.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not work on iPad or iPhone (I get a message indicating an unauthorised device when i use ADE or some other error text on bluefire). On Mac it works with ADE without any issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also did try blufine with a similar negativ result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines