• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to highlight text on Adobe Digital Editions?

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I decided to download an "eBook" for college for the first time, since it's cheaper than a physical book.

It's on Adobe Digital Editions (1.7.2.1131)

What I normally do in text books, is I highlight key texts from a chapter.

I figured you'd have the ability to highlight on each page, and then come back and view the highlighted material later. Talk about frustrating.

Is it possible and I'm just not seeing it?

I guess the second best thing for now is to re-write the text in the bookmarks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add the book to the Library (or bookmarks wont work), then select the text and click on the "Add Bookmark" button (towards the top  between the printer and the font size buttons).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re:  how to highlight text in Adobe Digital Editions - ebooks:

1. select text

2 right-click and select "highlight"  and 'voila!!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I press highlight however it is "greyed-out" and does not work.  How do I get it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only choice that is not "greyed-out" is Bookmark the Page -- all of the other options

Highlight

Add Note to Text

Open Pop-Up Note

&

Copy

are all "greyed-out" and not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, I just exited the book and went back to the library.  Then I clicked the "read" button which took me back to the previous page I was on.  Upon right-clicking the selected text, the option to highlight was there.  Beware this functionality is a bit temperamental depending on the text you highlight.  The developers should address this, but I can't call anyway since it seems ! I'm on "forum support" only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured out how to highlight. My highlight  button is Gray as well and i tried to exit and open it again but nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As said by sakyimadpopye above I found that opening the book by right clicking on it from your library > Read. You will find the options aren't greyed out anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really strange but it worked 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still don't work for me:'-( Pretty useless if you cant make notes in your books!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the opposite problem.  I want to remove a highlight, but can't find a way of doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you right-click the highlighted section, click on "open pop-up note" and then click on the little gear wheel, you should be able to delete the highlight. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I figured it out! At least for macbook users...highlight your text by pressing shift+command+M. Delete the highlight by clicking the icon that has the three dots and lines next to it, click the one you want to delete, and press delete! Hope this is helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What a hack - I feel the love !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines