Kobo Clara HD ADE authorization doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I try several times authorizing my Kobo Clara HD, with different pc and different versions of Adobe Digital Editions(4.5 and 3.0). After I load the ebook, kobo show this message "Your eReader is not authorized to open this book". 

The Kobo Clara seems authorized by looking into settings.

I also try a factory reset.

Kobo or ADE needs an update? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. PC autorized with ID ADE but on screen don't appear eRedder KOBO an I cannot chose it.

I need help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I solve my problem by uninstalling AdobeDigitalEdition 4.5... and
installing the older version 3.0.

However your problem seems to me little different.

I have already reported this problem to kobo and adobe, but nothing has
chamged.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem. Unable to use my kobo. Unable to find the older version but perhaps would not work with my Mac Big Sur? 

I have done everything and still my kobo says I am not authorized to read my library book.

Who can help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Kobo sevice replaced the kobo but problem remains. the Mac does not let me download version 3.0 of ADE. the library says the problem isn't Kobo but ade's DRM files

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can't send you an attachement. I try with a direct link to download
ADE 3.0 for mac:
http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_3.0_Installer.dmg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatly ADE 3.0 cannot be installed on MAC OS Catalina or Big Sur.

I had the same problem (Kobo was properly authorized, books sucessfully transferred but won't open on the Kobo beacause of DRM) and after hours of troubleshooting, the only solution that finally worked, was to install ADE 3.0 on a Windows PC. Even ADE 4.5 on PC would not work. Adobe must definitly update version 4.5 of the software. Looks like this issue has been reported months ago!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some strange reason if you download a book that does not have DRM( an older book) and then download your book that does, my kobo opens up the DRM book. Someone else had suggested this and it has worked for me 3 times. Fingers crossed it keeps working! Previously my DRM books would not open.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to do so! thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope it works, just be sure it is not DRM protected. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those who fail to effectively authenticate their devices can temporarily work around this by using ADE versions 3.0: 
Windows: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_3.0_Installer.exe
MAC: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_3.0_Installer.dmg

Until Adobe fixes into the current version. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines