• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nook Glowlight 3

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I got this nook glowlight 3 for christmas.  I downloaded overdrive on my computer to check out ebooks from the library.  I downloaded Adobe digital editions 4.5.  I got two books into Adobe digital editions, but could not get the books on my nook.  So the nook support team said that my nook is not compatible with adobe digital editions 4.5 and I need the 3.0 version adobe digital editions.  Now, I cant get the book from the overdrive to adobe digital editions 3.0.  Nook support now says that I have to contact Adobe support because this is now a adobe problem, not a nook problem.  Somebody please help me read books on my nook.    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until I got a different newer glolight nook last week was able to use Adobe 4,57 to put library books on my nook. Plug nook into PC , open nook file, open first sub file, internal storage and nook shows up again, just copy and paste your ebooks into that file. It should be fine. My problem is I can't even get the adobe software to open. Have been trying everything I can think of.

Frankly I think Kindle and Adobe are in cahoots with each other and want to put Nook out of business. You notice their  new software Libby can go from library to Kindle directly. It seems like rotten eggs to me.

Don't know if this will help you at all, but good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nook Glowlight 3 - "This book has been returned" and "Error opening book. Loan token update failed."

I love my new Nook Glowlight 3. But last week I was unable to open ePUB books from the public library ("This book has been returned" error). Had sessions with Nook and Overdrive support. Did a factory reset of Nook, deregistered and reregistered ADE on my Mac (Sierra), upgraded ADE from 4.5.6 to 4.5.7, and tried to install ADE 3.0, to no avail. Along the way, the "returned" error turned into "Error opening book. Loan token update failed." Needless to say, many wasted hours.

The issue is resolved by switching from Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.7 to ADE 3.0, but 4.5.7 must be uninstalled in order to install 3.0. Here's how I resolved the issue. It looks like a lot (14 steps!) but actually only took five minutes.

1. De-authorize ADE 4.5.7 on Mac
  2. Uninstall ADE 4.5.7 by moving ADE files from Applications to TRASH
  3. Empty TRASH
  4. Download Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 from Adobe website and install
  5. Any remaining Overdrive EPUB library books will still be in ADE, “remove” (not return) them from the ADE library
  6. Close ADE
  7. Connect Nook to computer
  8. In Finder under Devices, Nook, delete Digital Editions folder
  9. Eject Nook
  10. Re-download desired ePUBs from public library (Overdrive)
  11. Transfer downloaded books to ADE as usual; for transfer to be completed, ADE will request user ID and password to re-authorize computer
  12. Connect Nook to computer
  13. In ADE, transfer ePUBs to “Nook”
  14. When completed, eject Nook

Hope this is helpful. Happy reading!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me, the simple answer is to use Calibre.  The metadata directory can get confused (I have 450+ books) but if so, I just wipe the book, reinit it and download everything anew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines