Solution to Adobe Digital Editions (.acsm file) on Android

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Many people on here have a hard time getting their .acsm file to work on their Android device using the Adobe Digital Editions app, and these steps will help you open the .acsm correctly.

1. End user receives an email with a .acsm license file attached.
  2. They must navigate to the Google Play Store App.
  3. Search for the “Adobe Digital Editions” app and install it.
  4. Navigate to their email message and download the attached .acsm file to their downloads folder.
  5. Open their “My Files” app.
  6. Select “Recent Files”. (The license file should be at the top of the list)
  7. Select the .acsm file by pressing and holding it. (There should now be a checkmark to the left of the file)
  8. In the top right of the menu select the three vertical dots or menu options indicator.
  9. Select “Add Shortcut”.
  10. Select “Home Screen”.
  11. Navigate to the Home Screen and select the shortcut that was created. (License file will open in Adobe Digital Editions)
  12. On the first time through this routine the user will need to enter their Adobe ID and Password.
  13. Now a link is visible in the Adobe Digital Editions app for the document in question.
  14. The user may now go back and delete both the downloaded file and the shortcut.

This worked for me on March 6th 2019.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the option to 'create shortcut' in the 3 dots menu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Zindai LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to hold down to select the file, then press Menu in the bottom right of the screen. In there, the bottom option was to create a shortcut on the home screen. Apart from this (step 8), tysonpdc's worked perfectly for me today on Android 6.0.

I appeciate the guide!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines