• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I try to "Select download format" to open an encrypted pdf book I get a "File not found" eror

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting books from the open library and have had no problems until about four days ago. When I try go to  "Select a download format" to open an encrypted library pdf book. I get the "File not found" error.

File not found

Firefox can’t find the file at http://lending6.us.archive.org:8080/fulfillment/URLLink.acsm?action=enterloan&ordersource=builtin&or.....................

Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.
Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

I did not post the entire error message because I am not sure what in that might be something not everyone should see. I posted a help request from the Open Library and they can connect and open the book with Digital Editions without any error. This means that the links are good (as I suspected). They specifically tried the link I gave them and it worked for them. I have tried re-installing Digital Editions it makes no difference. I have tried an earlier version and still no luck. I have tried several books over a period of at least four days. Still no luck... I have even checked my firewall and the app is allowed full internet access. Why this issue? It is very strange and I have not found this particular error mentioned online anywhere.

I hadn't even done a browser update until after I got the problem. Maybe it is a Firefox issue?

I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!

UPDATE

I changed from Firefox to Palemoon and now it works fine! I still have no idea what Firefox did to prevent it from connecting to the links. I had not updated Firefox, but after I did update it thinking that might be a probem I set the library site to have full access without any restrictions.

If someone knows why this happened, please let me know.

Thanks

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?