• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't start Dimension CC

New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i go to start the application it says: "Does not meet minimum OpenGL version".

And thats not true, i did a full system check just to be sure but i do meet all requirements:

CPU - i7-4790k
GPU - GTX1080Ti (driver up to date also)
RAM - 32GB
OpenGL - 4.6

So... please send help?

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Thank you for sending the files!  It looks like it's actually an internet/connectivity issue in some regard.  Getting some connection errors in the log file that might mean it's having a hard time connecting to check and giving the wrong results for some reason.  I don't think this is actually related to your system requirements at all as the other log does confirm that you have a correct version of OGL.

gbl       Dbg      386ms>ASSERTION FAILURE: ..\..\..\components\psgpu\psgpu\gpu\win\GPUImplWi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a few possibilities. Your machine may have both a discreet and integrated GPU and it's checking the information for the integrated instead of the discreet.  You can try setting your machine to use the discreet GPU before launching:  Optimize performance Dimension CC .

If that doesn't work please provide some more information.

• Is this happening when you install the application in Creative Cloud or when you launch the application on your computer?
  • Does it allow you to continue or does it block you from launching the app?  If it's just a warning you can ignore it, it's likely just wrong.
  • If it's happening at application launch, please locate your Dimension log files and attach as a link to a shared file (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) or e-mail to tickets@adobedimension.com with a link to this forum as reference.  Please do not copy/paste log information to the forums.  Here is the information for finding logs:

DimensionGPUProfiler.log

Dimension.log

Mac:  ~/Library/Logs/Adobe/

Win:  ~\username\appdata\local\Adobe\Dimension

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- I don't have another GPU in my desktop.

- It happens when i try to launch the app on my computer.

- It blocks me from launching the app

- Logs sended to the email provided

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sending the files!  It looks like it's actually an internet/connectivity issue in some regard.  Getting some connection errors in the log file that might mean it's having a hard time connecting to check and giving the wrong results for some reason.  I don't think this is actually related to your system requirements at all as the other log does confirm that you have a correct version of OGL.

gbl       Dbg      386ms>ASSERTION FAILURE: ..\..\..\components\psgpu\psgpu\gpu\win\GPUImplWin.cpp: 153: Condition : HRESULT FAILED, 'pLoc->ConnectServer'

gbl       Dbg      386ms>ASSERTION FAILURE: ..\..\..\components\psgpu\psgpu\gpu\win\GPUImplWin.cpp: 166: Condition : HRESULT FAILED, 'Could not set proxy blanket.'

This is a little unexpected.  If you can try relaunching Dimension and then closing it and see if you get the same dialog then open the GPU log and see if you see those same lines that would be great, just to confirm it's the same behaviour.  If it's different log information can you e-mail the updated logs to the same e-mail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luckrow  wrote

GPU - GTX1080Ti (driver up to date also)

Windows + updated Driver = "does not meet minimum OpenGL version" error message

I assume its because we don't use the approved Microsoft driver... I would try the prerelease build which should ignore this error and see if that solves your block

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did download and installed the prerelease build and the problem still persisted...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no answer.....
check list of what i tried (without any assistance from adobe sadly.) and still same problem occurs (and YES it Locks me out of the app even in the prerelease version:

- Compatibility/admin mode
- uninstall/reinstall
- Live app Build/Prerelease build
- Disabled the processor graphics manually)
- Reinstalled GPU drivers
- Ran in Safe Mode

So.... pls someone help....
Dimension CC_2018-05-18_18-35-22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imo the two issues are not related; the openGL always gets it wrong on Windows systems and makes no difference to the software so something else is blocking the start up ... here is my report for ref

Screenshot (854).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a note, this is incorrect.  We have a hard block on Open GL 3.2 and won't allow you to open the application if you're below that (the dialog he showed states that the application will now close).  It's interesting your system check is saying you're below but still running, actually.  Going to have the engineers double check this area since this is unexpected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JeanetteMathews  wrote

Just as a note, this is incorrect.  We have a hard block on Open GL 3.2 and won't allow you to open the application if you're below that (the dialog he showed states that the application will now close).  It's interesting your system check is saying you're below but still running, actually.  Going to have the engineers double check this area since this is unexpected.

show them this as well

driver.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sounds like a couple things are going on.

1.  For original poster, there's an error in our detection that is causing a failure. 

2.  For UssNorway's case it seems like there's a situation where we actually don't know and we display that you don't meet requirements.

We're going to fix this up for our next release!  In the mean time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program checks with an internet resource as part of checking the system requirements? 

If so,  it might explain why my system, (Macbook pro 2016 OpenGL 4.2) isn't permitted to run Dimsion CC 1.1.1 with "old open GL Version" complaint.   I'm using my Verizon Hotspot.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

found the problem! 

Duet hides the OpenGL

Cannot run with Duet running

Might wanna at this to the KB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kurtjoe123  wrote

Duet hides the OpenGL

as in Duet pro? the old Apple Mac software for using your ipad as a screen

yes I can see why that would block Dimension from running... thanks for the notice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about for Windows users? I have the same OpenGL issue, but I have version 4.0 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your advice has solved my problem. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

world worst answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can delete two files, they are in the paste of Adobe Dimension:

C: \ Arquivos de programas \ Adobe \ Adobe Dimension CC

Deelete this files: node-gpu-sniffer.node e gpu-sniffer-core.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this error on my Mac. Turns out the issue was using Sidecar and my iPad to extend my laptop's display. Turning off Sidecar fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also fixed it for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot @matthew, I had exactly the same problem and by turning out Sidecar fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank u it worked 

letme know how exactly this works  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much! solved too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hack is very simple you just need to delete two files

node-gpu-sniffer.node and gpu-sniffer-core.exe

They can be found on your default installation directory:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dimension CC

Make sure that you have administrative acess as you need to DELETE these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resolveu o problema imadiatamente, muito obrigado amigo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines