• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making a video from a 3d object

Participant ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I used the new Dimension CC to create a 3D object...a new concept for my company.  Now they want me to make a video of it just like the one found at

https://kkwfragrance.com/

Is it possible to do this with what I have created in Dimension CC so far?  If not where should I start?  I assume AE is the best app to create this video....just never used it before!

Thanks in advance,

- Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Dimension does not have any 3D animation capabilities at this time.  Unfortunately it also doesn't have any export capabilities for working with other 3D software.  At this time you'd have to start from scratch.  You could use Cinema 4D with After Effects, Blender, Maya, 3ds Max, or another 3D tool.  Dimension will support animation and workflows with After Effects in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension does not have any 3D animation capabilities at this time.  Unfortunately it also doesn't have any export capabilities for working with other 3D software.  At this time you'd have to start from scratch.  You could use Cinema 4D with After Effects, Blender, Maya, 3ds Max, or another 3D tool.  Dimension will support animation and workflows with After Effects in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be amazing if dimension supports animations in after effects. Any idea when this feature will come out? I'm currently working on a project that I need that for so I could use that feature yesterday... 😛

For now, are there any work-arounds besides starting from scratch in another software? Could I export my dimension file into adobe animate and and animate it there? - Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use Adobe Animate for that task. Adobe Animate works only with 2d artwork. As @Ussnorway  suggests you can use adobe Ps animation feature as you can customize 3d objects environment lights, position and size for creating 3D animation and exporting it as video or gif file.

You can also use https://sketchfab.com/ for making realtime animation and use it for presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a few years now, any update? Going to switch software otherwise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the mp4 slideshow?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2429/0827/t/4/assets/KKW-FRAGRANCE-5.mp4

if you already have the model then I would rendor it (with a background) to a PSD then open that in Photoshop to add any effects... both Photoshop and Prem-pro can make mp4 but for something so basic i.e, just a background that scrolls, i'd use Photoshop

p.s, I recommend you consider using an animated gif instead of a mp4 for that design... for web devices, animated gif have better browser compatability but weight becomes an issue if you use to many frames. the example above goes for a min and is a small mp4 (3.68Mb) ... i would replace that with a gif of about 30-50 frames should be about the same size unless you go for all high-rez images.

a tutorial = Create animated GIFs |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! It's the future now! Has there been any progress toward exporting a fly around video of a 3D object from Dimension?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no there hasn't and its not going to happen [to Dimension] now but it may come to Stager one of these days... pretty sure Ares opened a tictet back in the day so feel free to add your vote

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone still looking at this - the new beta version of After Effects supports .glb files from Dimension and I've just followed this - https://youtu.be/eX2SzgfDmXY - to import and animate a 3d model a client sent me in Dimension. Obviously not seamless or available in Dimension itself but it worked and was far less clunky than Cinema 4D etc etc... Happy Days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines