• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object disappearing when inside another

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a tub object I have been using for a while and usually use it with a capsule object and I can place the capsules inside the tub with no issues. I recently downloaded a gel capsule object from Adobe and placed it in my scene. For some reason when I place the gel capsule inside the tub it disappears.

I have no idea why this could be happening? I have tried a couple of things but nothing has worked, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://we.tl/t-KoDLaukFOr

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

what he means is that the model doesn't show in the basic rendor windows unless you press the prerendor option

Screenshot (938).pngScreenshot (939).png

why? = because the materials are different and any old Nvidia standard materials will show (because they are made correct) but the new materials are not made to the old standard and that means your computer has to do some more work in order to rendor these materials... if you only use Dimension then it doesn't really matter but transfer these materials to other 3D software could cause

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see capsule in tube. When I decrease opacity it disappears as expected. 

Screenshot 2020-12-14 214951.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what he means is that the model doesn't show in the basic rendor windows unless you press the prerendor option

Screenshot (938).pngScreenshot (939).png

why? = because the materials are different and any old Nvidia standard materials will show (because they are made correct) but the new materials are not made to the old standard and that means your computer has to do some more work in order to rendor these materials... if you only use Dimension then it doesn't really matter but transfer these materials to other 3D software could cause an issue so just be aware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the replies.

@Ares Hovhannesyan The capsule is not the issue as that shows up in basic rendor, its the gel capsules that disappear when you place them inside the tub.

@Ussnorway so does that mean there is no way to have them show in basic rendor? As you say I can click prerendor and they will show up but I can't place them in basic rendor. It's rather annoying that I don't have these issues with objects i've built myself but only with the one object I purchased and downloaded from Adobe lol.

Also I am using a brand new Mac Book Pro so I wouldn't have thought I'd have any issues with rendoring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the pills then use the eyedropper tool to click on the white capsule will have the effect you want... This is one of the rare cases of the model not being the issue

I make my own materials but about a third of the basic assets you get with Dimension should rendor correct so try some until you're happy mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried what you suggested and it worked, but then I did a bit more testing and it turns out it doesn't matter what material you select, its actually down to the Translucense setting. Unless the Translucense is set to 0 it will disappear once placed inside the tub.

I selected Gelatin, that disappeared, I selected Olive Oil, that also disappeared, but when I set the Translucency to 0 they both stayed visible inside the tub. I guess the only workaround is to use the material I want and only set the translucency once I am happy with everything just before rendoring?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines