Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 Separate $1 Charges After Changing Billing Info

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just had a strange conversation with Adobe Support.

A few days ago, I updated my billing information and my credit card was charged 2 separate charges of $1. I wanted to call in to make sure that this was in fact Adobe charging my card and to ask why the charges were made because I did not see them in the Billing History of my account.

Adobe support said that they would refund the 2 separate $1 charges within 24-48 hours.

I now understand from older forum posts that the $1 charge is how Adobe tests the credit card and that it is refunded later. The only difference is that I was charged 2 separate charges of $1 and all the other forum posts I read only mention 1 charge of $1.

It was very clear that the Adobe representative I spoke with on the phone is unaware of the the $1 billing change policy. They kept insisting that I had attempted to purchase a subscription and there was an issue with my card and to call my bank. There is noting wrong with my card. I told them that I was not purchasing a brand new subscription and that my current subscription does not renew until later this month but to no avail.

At this point, I just want to make sure that there are no complications with my account and the renewal of my subscription that is set for a date later this month, provided to me by an automatic Adobe e-mail, goes smoothly. I greatly enjoy the Adobe products and look forward to using them in years to come.

Also, why was I charged $1 twice? Is there a way to e-mail Adobe?

Any guidance greatly is appreciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 1$ charge is a test made each time you attempt to change your credit card ,the amount is just reserved not charged .So if you make 3 attempts ,you'll see 3 times 1$ reservation on your bank account .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines