Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

22.0.1: Crash Report Service Stopped Working

Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can be very short about this one.

I updated last week to the, let's call it, bug-fixing version of 22.0.1.

Now every time I start Illustrator, I get the below error.

I tried:

- Clearing all preferences

I'm working on:
- Windows 10, Precision 5520, Quadro M1200

Message was edited by: Moderator (Discussion successfully moved from Illustrator to Adobe Creative Cloud) Because it affects all Adobe software.

Message was edited by: Moderator. Once Again this is being move back to a more appropriate forum. (Discussion successfully moved from Illustrator to Adobe Creative Cloud)

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

A bug report has been entered for this issue on the Photoshop Family forum. Please add your 'Me To' vote and 'Follow' at the below link. This is the best way to get Adobe's attention–Thank you.

Adobe Crash Reporter Service has stopped working | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bug report has been entered for this issue on the Photoshop Family forum. Please add your 'Me To' vote and 'Follow' at the below link. This is the best way to get Adobe's attention–Thank you.

Adobe Crash Reporter Service has stopped working | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same problem as Y.J.Malmsteen, it started yesterday. Same problem in Photoshop, Lightroom and Bridge. Error message showing, but program working just fine. Fortunately I came across hirua26147080's solution and it worked for me. Thanks a lot 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perfect.... fine... thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working. But I do not know what happened after that or any damage in Program File.

Apurba Kumar Das, India

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a problem with some Adobe web server. That program, when called up when starting an Adobe piece of software, is trying to connect to some internet IP address and it can't. So it crashes and reports that error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. This workaround works, the errors go away. But we should not have to do that. I have to make the changes to 6 different copies of the file. I think this is something that Adobe needs to address.

Once again, thanks for the tip.

Bill Byrnes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This came from nowhere. One day all Adobe programs worked fine. The next, 10 hours after closing LR and shutting down my computer for the night, the error message came up. No changes were made to my computer OS or the Adobe software installed on it. And AFAIK the same goes for all others that are seeing this error pop up.

I suspect the CRWindowsClientServices.exe program is trying to connect to some server at Adobe and can't so it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried 'Run this program as administrator' and it has worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. I had to check the "run as administer" on both Bridge and PS CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Engineering is unlikely to search for information in this post. Please add your comments concerning findings at the problem report link below. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks buddy !! this has fixed the issue ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful... however I wonder what Adobe changed, the machine I run adobe on is not set to update any updates to Windows 7. As I can see in most replies people are having the same issue across different apps and versions of windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working ! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem using Win7. It appears to have happened after Windows did an auto update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Have it with every adobe App and every time I open a photo.

Is there a solution from adobe here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not open the dialogue for CRWindowsClientServices.exe on Win 7 Pro -- but I was able to rename the program adding -x to the file name. That seems to have fixed the problem for now in Bridge and PS.

I renamed the file rather than deleting or moving so it would be easier to restore if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem whenever I launch Photoshop CC 2018, Lightroom Classic CC, or Bridge  CC Version 8.  My operating System is Windows 7 Pro x64.  The error is always caused by an APPCRASH of the program "CRWindowsClientService.exe".  This program is associated with the Adobe Crash Reporter Service.   It is installed three times on my system.   In the root directory of  Photoshop CC 2018, Lightroom CC Classic, and Bridge CC 8.0 install directories.   Every single occurrence is causing an APPCRASH.

I renamed the three separate  occurrences from " CRWindowsClientService.exe" to "CRWindowsClientServiceexe.old".

It also worked to give the program "CRWindowsClientService.exe" administrator privileges.  All my Adobe programs are installed on the D: drive and not the boot drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on Windows 7 with ALL Adobe apps. My Windows updates is set to NEVER so no updates were installed prior to this problem appearing. I went into the Properties> Compatibility tab of each occurrence as shown below and checked 'Run this program as administrator.' No more Crash Reporter popup from any app!

Has anyone filed a bug report at the Photoshop Family forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Admin privileges solution didn't work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then search out the files and either rename them or move them to other folders that have nothing to do with Adobe.

In my post above I list the files in a screen shot I posted and trshaner has also supplied a list of them. Mine are on my D drive because that is where I have all my Adobe software installed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming the exe stopped the error pop-up, and Photoshop seems to operate fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed the CRWindowsClientService.exe file and now everything works back as it should. But does anyone know what this CRWindowsClientService.exe serves for, can you just delete it? Will nobody from Adobe respond to this? We still pay for a good answer. Fortunately, the community works and there are workable solutions here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

polv94433952  wrote

I have removed the CRWindowsClientService.exe file and now everything works back as it should. But does anyone know what this CRWindowsClientService.exe serves for, can you just delete it? Will nobody from Adobe respond to this? We still pay for a good answer. Fortunately, the community works and there are workable solutions here.

If you move it out of the Adobe program folder so that program can't access it you have effectively Deleted that file.

I'll leave them in the other folders I moved them to just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines