Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

22.0.1: Crash Report Service Stopped Working

Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can be very short about this one.

I updated last week to the, let's call it, bug-fixing version of 22.0.1.

Now every time I start Illustrator, I get the below error.

I tried:

- Clearing all preferences

I'm working on:
- Windows 10, Precision 5520, Quadro M1200

Message was edited by: Moderator (Discussion successfully moved from Illustrator to Adobe Creative Cloud) Because it affects all Adobe software.

Message was edited by: Moderator. Once Again this is being move back to a more appropriate forum. (Discussion successfully moved from Illustrator to Adobe Creative Cloud)

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

A bug report has been entered for this issue on the Photoshop Family forum. Please add your 'Me To' vote and 'Follow' at the below link. This is the best way to get Adobe's attention–Thank you.

Adobe Crash Reporter Service has stopped working | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do the following:

Open the folder with the application file cr_win_client_config.cfg

with help ";" comment the line

; crcnUrl = crlog-crcn.adobe.com

and save.

Most likely, the error occurs because there is no connection with the address crlog-crcn.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just pinged that address and got no response.

Also tried this web address https://apip.adobe.com/headlights/FileDataCaptureServlet

And it resolves to the same IP and got not response. So that server, IP is down or rejects pings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hat the same Problem with a German Version of Photoshop and Ligthroom

I had the folder : Absturzprotokolle

C:\Users\xxxuser\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings\Absturzprotokolle

I made a new folder: Crashlog

C:\Users\xxxuser\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings\Crashlog

after that, it works with Photoshop amd with Lightroom

regards
Toni

Sorry

My operating system
Windows 7 Basic 64-Bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue is just solved by itself for me. I didn't change anything for CRWindowsClientServices.exe by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that it's now working as well for me. Both Lightroom and Photoshop start without the crash in CRWindowsClientServices.exe after putting it back in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the updates.

Personally I'm leaving those files where they are, IE out of the program folder. I don't see a reason to put them back. All software is running OK with them where they are.

The less things that Phones Home from my computer the better I feel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am happy to say that Microsoft has fixed this issue through a critical update a couple of hours ago (as I believe), you might get these updates even if you disable Windows updates or Adobe's crash servers might have started working, so that you can revert the changes that you have made after the problem has occurred if you wish to do.

I cannot guarantee that this solution might fix most of yours issue so do not panic as It will be fixed automatically in the future.

If the error message continues to pop-up keep it on your desired settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This had nothing to do with Microsoft.

I got these error without any updates at all. No OS updates and no Adobe updates of any kind. One night all Adobe apps worked without error. Next morning every Adobe app threw up this error. Computer was shut down from night time to the next morning.

Since installing the LR 7.1 update and the Bridge and ACR updates 2 days ago that CRWinXXXXXXX.exe file was replaced in both program folders and I don't get that error.

This had something to do with Adobe and some server on their end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, it was an Adobe server issue.

Here's the official response from Todd Shaner's post here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/adobe-crash-reporter-service-has-stopped-work...

Official Response

"The Crash Reporter Server issue has been fixed (Adobe sever link restored). You can restore the CRWindowsClientService.exe file(s) to their original state to enable crash reporting."

--------------------

I can confirm this, as I reversed the renaming of the file and launched Photoshop - no error dialog.

I have not changed anything else nor applied any Windows updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why a Staff member moved this back to the Illustrator forum. It has nothing to do with Illustrator because all Adobe app were affected.

So I am moving it back to the Creative Cloud forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine's gone t*ts up again on Photoshop and Bridge! Lightroom seems okay. I am turning the administrator priviledge back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked Bridge and YES I got that error. So I just Deleted that CRWinXXXXX.exe file. LR didn't, so far, throw up that error. If it does then I'll delete that file from the LR program folder.

I still have the backups I moved out earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. LR and ID are OK, but all my other Adobe Apps are back to launching the 'Adobe Crash Reporter Service has stopped working' message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you move them out of the program folders or use the Run As Admin option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tick the 'Run this program as administrator' box. Seems to work okay.

I think the time is out too ... or is it really 6.57am! I suppose it is somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I has them set to Run as Admin, but removed that from all my Adobe Apps when it appeared to be fixed on Monday. This morning they started popping up again except for LR and ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did I.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's back to normal....no more popups! I guess the cleaning lady plugged the server back in. This is really annoying–I've got better things to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup here too.

The cleaning lady must have pulled the cord on the Adobe server so she could plug in her vac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

제가 해결한 방법은 충돌이 일어나는 모든 어도비 프로그램에서 CRWindowsClientService를 제거한 후,상위 문서에 한개의 CRWindowsClientService파일만 이동시켰습니다. 이후 특별한 이벤트없이 정상 작동하고 있습니다.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines