• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A few days ago I bought an new Leica D-Lux including a license for lightroom 6.0. When I tried to install, I got the error message that a 64 bit OS is needed. Is it possible to have a downgrade to Lightroom 5.2 (supports 32 bit) within the same license ?

Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago I bought an new Leica D-Lux including a license for Lightroom 6.0. When I tried to install, I got the error message that a 64 bit OS is needed. Is it possible to have a downgrade to Lightroom 5.2 (supports 32 bit) within the same license ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this thread to : Downloading, Installing, Setting Up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of. Adobe has never allowed using any license for a newer version on an older version.

The other day I was on the Product page of the Adobe site and they did list older versions for sale. When I clicked on the link to Buy LR it took me to a page that had a list of older version. But sadly that was for the Upgrade versions which you can use as you don't have a qualifying previous version to use with an Upgrade serial number.

Now the question is why at the end of 2015 are you still using a 32bit operating system? 99% of all computers sold for the last 7-10 years have had 64bit capable CPUs and motherboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you buy an new hammer for each old nail ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rajshree‌ : Can you please look into this ?

Help is much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

norberts71198134‌, please provide time till Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines