• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Academic Superstore CS5.5 download not eligible for CS6 upgrade?

New Here ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 academic version was purchased directly from Adobe in 2010 and is registered in my Adobe account.

A recent email from an academic reseller about buying CS5.5 before May 6 in order to receive a free upgrade grabbed my attention. It's really looking like a situation of buyer beware. I opted for a download version which came with an activation code for immediate gratification.  But no serial number or product code was included.

I went through the steps to register with Adobe immediately after the installation on 4/30/12. Yesterday, out of curiosity, I checked my account at Adobe and did not see CS5.5 as being registered.  After much searching, it seems like the download version is not considered a valid purchase by Adobe.

When the Academic Superstore was contacted, they immediately resent the email that contained the download link and activation code.  In a follow up message, they "stated" that the serial number was sent in the previous message, but also to check junk mail in case it got filtered. (It was not.)

A screen grab from the Adobe Support portal with my name and address, with the request to enter the serial number was sent to the Academic Superstore. No response.

I paid for and received a product.   However, I can't help but feel like I was scammed as the Superstore did not make a distinction between the boxed version or download version.

I've already resigned my self... but do I have any options with Adobe or the Superstore?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wVanDyck please review Complimentary CS6 upgrades | FAQ | Purchases from resellers, Adobe - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-assurance-faq-reseller-purchases.html for details regarding eligibility when purchasing through a reseller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff,

This is certainly useful information.

However, I didn't realize that downloaded versions with an activation code purchased from a reseller are not considered valid. Academic Superstore did not send me a a key ingredient, a serial number, and have stopped responding to my concerns about receiving one from them.

I can't help but have the impression that this was an underhanded presentation of product on their part, e.g. there was no warning that the purchased download version would not be eligible for the CS6 upgrade. Had I known, I would have purchased the boxed version.

Best regards,

WV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines