• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access to offline updaters

LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just moved and have no Internet at my new place. I have CC2024 apps installed on my Mac desktop which I'm unable to update. I do have a MacBook Pro which I can take to someplace with wifi but would need download links (I'm currently at work.)

How do I get offline installer/updater links to the latest versions of the CC apps? At this time I just need Lightroom Classic, Camera RAW, and Photoshop.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact adobe support. there are 2 ways to contact adobe support; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
if you have or want to purchase a subscription, use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lumigraphics,

We're sorry for the trouble. You can continue using the version of the applications till you get the internet connection. Adobe provides the offline grace period for situations like these. You can get more info here(when you get wi-fi): https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Shivangi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to use the older versions but I would like to get updated, I'm not sure when I will have Internet installed. I can do the activation check via phone tethering but not updates. This is why I need the actual installers which I can download to my MacBook Pro from a different location. I have an M1 Mac and want to stay up-to-date with the applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

We understand your concern, however, we don't have the offiline updates available. 

Thanks 
^KS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what do you recommend for getting my desktop Mac updated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would suggest you to continue using the current version that you have and update once you have internet available. 

^KS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a good answer. I may elect not to get Internet any time soon, but I'd like to use the latest features (such as the Neural Engine in Lightroom Classic.) I can use tethering for the activation check, its just upgrading the software to current releases that is a problem.

Not offering standalone installers is incredibly customer-hostile but this seems to be a pattern of late with Adobe. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to thank Adobe for the complete lack of assistance and for a user-hostile policy. I had to tear down my computer and take it physically to a location with wi-fi, just to run Adobe updates.

There is a reason that most Adobe customers have come to hate the company. This kind of nonsense is why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I see you have an active Photography plan, and unfortunately we don't have any offline download options available. If you have limited access to internet, and you wish to use Photoshop, you can try Adobe express. 

You can also utilize Adobe Express with Gen Ai to create stunning artwork using your pictures and create amazing content? And guess what? Adobe Express is part of your paid subscription with Adobe; try now: https://adobe.ly/3KZ88O4

Hope this helps! 

Thanks 
^KS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't Adobe Express an online service?

The problem is not USING Photoshop. The problem was/is that I had to tear down my gear and physically take it to another location just to install updates to the current, shipping versions of the applications.

This is asinine. You should make installers available for download. The bits are the same, its just your company being jerks to paying customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your questions, Lumigraphics, and sorry for any confusion. Yes, Adobe Express is an online service, so it will not meet your needs. Please follow the suggestion offered by Kglad and begin a secure chat session at https://adobe.ly/45Cn2DC if you need to request a copy of the installation files for later installation. Not all versions are available, but most dot releases that show up as Other Versions - https://adobe.ly/3zebSsH.

For additional information on downloading Creative Cloud installation files, for offline installation, see https://adobe.ly/45BcCUN. Creative Cloud for Enterprise and Teams customers can create their own installation files. Still, for individual members, we expect regular high-speed internet access to regularly fetch updates, access an increasing amount of online services, and license desktop applications.

My apologies again, Lumigraphics, that you had to take your computer to a Wi-Fi hotspot to fetch the updates. Please update this public discussion if you have any additional questions. ^JW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Lightroom Classic 13.3, now today I see that LrC 13.4 is available. Is this available as an downloadable installer? I have a MacBook Pro that I can take to a location with wi-fi and download, I just need a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't you open lrc 13.3 > help > update (after getting a wifi connection)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumigraphics, the most recent releases, will be available later than they are within the Creative Cloud Desktop application or even made available to Creative Cloud Enterprise and Team members.

You may need to wait two to 4 weeks, depending upon the rollout schedule for the application and when the updates are packaged up. Not all point updates will be made available either; it is up to the discretion of the team developing and managing the desktop application. We strongly recommend that individuals update the applications directly through the CC Desktop app using high-speed Internet, but make the files available to members with active membership who do not have regular access to high-speed Internet ^JW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok understood. I get how its easier to roll out updates with the online updater but consider this a request to make installers available for download, both past and present versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes if I decide to get Internet at my new home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics 

i too find it difficult to understand why past and current versions of adobe apps are not availabe online.  surely, some of the cc file storage space could be better used to serve adobe customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines