• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation Issue - CS6 on MacOS Mojave

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to reinstall Adobe CS6 on an iMac running macOS Mojave.  I have managed to install it however when I try to activate the serial number I get a cannot connect to the internet error.  I then tried using the Offline Activation option but when I click on the Generate a Response Code link and try to login using my AdobeID it says 'We couldn't find an account with that email address' even though my AdobeID works on other adobe login pages (including logging in to this community site and the Adobe Licensing site).  Is anyone aware of why this might be happening or if there is another way to do an offline activation?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have a non-current os, your default browser must support tls 1.2, https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

to test your default browser's tls you can use , https://clienttest.ssllabs.com:8443/ssltest/viewMyClient.html

otherwise, confirm that you can connect to the secure adobe servers by reading, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

do you see both logos after clicking "link"?

if you can and still see a connection error try these steps, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/common-network-connectivity-issues.html

if those all fail, white list the adobe network endpoints, https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TLS test site says 'user agent has good protocol support' with TLS 1.2 supported.

I see both logos when link is clicked, however when I click the Creative Cloud and CS6 link I get the error '400 Bad Request - Request Header Or Cookie Too Large'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clear your adobe.com cookies and retry.  make sure you're using your default browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After clearing the cookies I now get the expected pong back from the Creative Cloud and CS6 link, however I still get the 'Please connect to the internet and retry' error when trying to activate CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and solutions 2,3,4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 = Ran Limited Access Repair tool but 0 entries were fixed.  Manually checked the hosts file but no adobe entries were listed.

3 = Secure websites can be accessed fine.

4 = GlobalSign Root CA is present and enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and you did all the firewall, av, trying another network stuff?

if so, whitelisting those endpoints is the only thing available to you (on the computer you're trying to use).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The full domains list has been whitelisted.  No AV is installed and I have also tried completely disabling the firewall but the error still remains.  I would be happy to use the Offline Activation option that is available however this is also not working for me as it does not recognise my AdobeID for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your adobeid is only helpful if you purchased from or registered with adobe using whatever id you're using now.

you can check your account to see if cs6 is under your current id (and maybe check others), https://account.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe CS6 serial number is linked to my AdobeID and I can login when I go to the account.adobe.com site and the licensing.adobe.com site (where I download the software and can view the serial numbers), I can also activate Windows versions of CS6 using this ID with no problem, however this same AdobeID is not recognised when signing in from the Offline Activation site (exception.licenses.adobe.com).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

then the problem is on adobe's end.  or perhaps they permantly disabled off-line activation.

bottomline: nothing you can do to fix that after confirming your adobeid.  so offlline activation isn't possible for your with that adobe id.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines