• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Application Manager, required to update your product, is missing or damaged.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried for hours to update Lightroom CC (2015), but still fails.

Installed and reinstalled "Adobe Application Manager" https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/creative-cloud?promoid=KSPDX

Removed folders from "Library" the troubleshooting guide Adobe provides, but nothing works.

Running OS X El Capitan v 10.11.6 (all updates).

adobe creatice cloud update failed.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Try below steps and check :

Step 1)

Click on the Finder and look for the options listed next to Apple Icon located at the top left corner of the Desktop screen and click on "Go" menu button and select "Utilities" option.

(Applications>Utiliites)

Locate Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Application Manager folder under Utilities window and trash both folders.

Step 2)

Trash Adobe Creative Cloud folder from Applications as well.

Step 3)

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-ToFolder " option.

2) Yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lyon%20N,

To update your application manager, I would request you to reinstall Creative Cloud application. 

Remove Creative Cloud app -

Install Creative Cloud app- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html

For error U44M1D207, I would request you to try the steps mentioned on Error downloading or updating Creative Cloud apps​ and share the results.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took me a while to get this working (almost) . Did everything according to your (Creative Cloud) links. Got this message this time: Error: U43M1D207.

lightroom cc 2015 U43M1207.png

Did everything all over but after using the application "Creative Cloud Uninstaller" I rebooted and ejected all external drivers. I checked the "Adobe download log":**File download complete.** but didn't contain errors...hmmm

PS: turning on/off firewall had no implication on the download or installation ! (never had an issue with this).

lightroom  cc 2015_7_license.png

Finally got Lightroom installed !!!

Now the last problem is the "license" ?

Searched my HDD for "Adobe Application Manager:

Adobe Application Manager.png

Do I need to uninstall all my Adobe Apps and reinstall  everything ?

PS First time I ever had problems like this. !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lyon%20N,

I would like to understand the problem that you are facing with "license". Are you not able to activate it or you're getting "Adobe Application Manager is missing" message again?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using your instructions I installed the latest Adobe Creative cloud App. I did not make any changes to the host file !

PS: Had to reboot after using your instructions or else the installer halts:

before reboot.png

After rebooting the installer works perfect and every applications works perfect !!!

after reboot.png

Thank you so much !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try below steps and check :

Step 1)

Click on the Finder and look for the options listed next to Apple Icon located at the top left corner of the Desktop screen and click on "Go" menu button and select "Utilities" option.

(Applications>Utiliites)

Locate Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Application Manager folder under Utilities window and trash both folders.

Step 2)

Trash Adobe Creative Cloud folder from Applications as well.

Step 3)

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-ToFolder " option.

2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( Do not miss ~ symbol)

~/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and trash folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 4)

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.

2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and trash folders named AAMUpdater ,Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 5)

Click on the below link and download & run Adobe Cleaner tool :

Select the option "Adobe Application Manager for Mac OS X 10.6" and then click on "Clean up Selected" .

http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/mac/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg

Step 6 )

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application Manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/mac/ApplicationManager10.0_all.dmg

Once the installation process is completed, installation box will disappear, then open Application folder and locate Adobe Application manager launch icon , double click on it and update .

Once the update is completed. It shud launch Adobe Creative Cloud app.

Then try to launch  Installed CC apps .

Still same ?? Let us know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This is the only thing that worked. Huge weight lifted off my shoulders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I did not reply sooner, but being up for more than 24 hours...well. The problem was "Adobe Application Manager" somehow was/got corrupted and  I had no way to remove  or reinstall it. I think the problem started on the 13-09-2016. A few times my subscription turned into a trial, but it only showed up a few times and then went back to normal.

trial.png

Thanks for your time. Now everything is working perfect !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lyon%20N,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is up and running now.

Please feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines