• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Application Manager

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several CS6 software downloads to install in my Adobe Application Manager.  Are those trial downloads, or are they free upgrades?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

It is likely your copies of Photoshop is using your perpetual license thus yes the update will not be available to you.  If you go to Help>Deactivate in Photoshop does your screen look the same as my attachment?

Deactivate screen copy.jpg

In particular you will want to look at the highlighted area.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, glad you got it fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried to deactivate Photoshop & Illustrator to see if I can get them to get the 13.0.2 (Photoshop) or Illustrator updates.  What I did do which I think is a step in the resolution of possibly what may be at the root of my issues. I WAS able to successfully reinstall CS6 Suite, couldn't do that up to now. Ran AAM updated what was available, big difference - AAM recognized my CS6 apps and did not have the "Try" next to them. Wanted to let you know of the progress - will do the deactivate suggestion to see if that works now.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

Although its a little bit of work could you try uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop and Illustrator then reinstalling them when logged in under a new admin account and finally reinstalling the updates

Here are the instructions for creating a new acct if you need them

Mac OS X

10.7  - http://support.apple.com/kb/PH4600

10.8 - http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11468

Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows7/Create-a-user-account

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom you mentioned in discussion http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1212691 that you were still facing difficulties with only seeing the trial option within the Adobe Application Manager.  To confirm were you able to successfully deactivate your perpetual version?  Do you now see Creative Cloud Membership in the deactivation screen per message #11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

Tom you mentioned in discussion http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1212691 that you were still facing difficulties with only seeing the trial option within the Adobe Application Manager.  To confirm were you able to successfully deactivate your perpetual version?  Do you now see Creative Cloud Membership in the deactivation screen per message #11?

That message in the noted thread was not what I'm seeing in Application Manager (at first) but rather in Creative Cloud browser window, then it takes me to the Application Manager when clicking on the "Download" (i.e. Photoshop) in the browser in CC. 

Are you saying in order to go full on CC I have to deactivate my CS6 apps?  That may answer the question I was having trouble when I've tried to take Adobe's offer of a discount for the first year of CC for current CS6 owners.  Basically I can't do it.  I thought it was because I have a single app (Muse) subscription in CC.

While I've got your attention <g> - why is Adobe doing this CC or nothing move?  For small non profits like me it may make upgrading to the newest apps out of my reach.  I can guess that possibly Adobe is trying to lessen the drain of profits by the old way software was sold, but the end user is the one who is going to be paying the price now.  I've never bought pirated software, always had bonifide serialed purchases.

Let me know if I'm to deactivate my current CS6 apps in order to move to CC. 

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thought...

So, having the one CC app (Muse) means I'm already a CC subscriber.  And now I "pick & choose" which apps I want to add to that subscription?  Then if that's the case, where does the first year discount for current CS6 users come in?  I think I'm not the only one confused.  Also not the only one asking questions about all this.  I may not be the brightest bulb but I'm no dummy. 

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom if you are only subscribed to Muse then once the CC versions of the apps become available you would be able to try them through the Adobe Application Manager.  If you wish to cancel your Muse subscription and subscribe to the full Creative Cloud, which includes Muse, then yes you would want to deactivate your CS6 applications.  You can then choose the License this Software option and enter the Adobe ID tied to your Creative Cloud subscription.

I hope that helps?  This process will likely change slightly once the CC version of the applications are available in June.

As for the CC decision there is plenty of discussions out there on this topic.  In fact it was your posting to one of those topics, http://forums.adobe.com/message/5320205#5320205, which is why I responded to you here.  I would prefer to keep this discussion specific to the technical aspects of working with your subscription.  Both myself and other Adobe Employees are monitoring the other discussions and have provided input when we have information which we believe would be beneficial for yourself and other Adobe Users to be aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

Tom if you are only subscribed to Muse then once the CC versions of the apps become available you would be able to try them through the Adobe Application Manager.  If you wish to cancel your Muse subscription and subscribe to the full Creative Cloud, which includes Muse, then yes you would want to deactivate your CS6 applications.  You can then choose the License this Software option and enter the Adobe ID tied to your Creative Cloud subscription.

I hope that helps?  This process will likely change slightly once the CC version of the applications are available in June.

As for the CC decision there is plenty of discussions out there on this topic.  In fact it was your posting to one of those topics, http://forums.adobe.com/message/5320205#5320205, which is why I responded to you here.  I would prefer to keep this discussion specific to the technical aspects of working with your subscription.  Both myself and other Adobe Employees are monitoring the other discussions and have provided input when we have information which we believe would be beneficial for yourself and other Adobe Users to be aware of.

Since CC isn't ready until June, much of this will likely change.  And the offer from Adobe for CS6 owners to upgrade to CC for the first year at $19.95/month expires in July - so there is time.  And there is no pressing issues about applications in CS6 not working and being outdated - yet.

I am having an issue, I thought was limited to Photoshop which turned the whole desktop a shade of blue when it opened.  I just deleted and reinstalled Photoshop and all its preferences and it's back.  A separate issue, I know - maybe you've heard of it and can guide me if possible place where someone else has experienced this.

Thanks,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom this sounds like you may be facing an issue with the default color profile for your monitor.  I would recommend posting specifics regarding the experience you are having in the Photoshop General Discussion forums at http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop.  The users in this forum should be able to provide some guidence around resolving color management issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Displays in System Preferences, went through the Calibration process and saved it.  Launching Photoshop seems to be okay now (no more blue hue upon launch).

As for the CC Muse app.  There doesn't seem to be a way that I've found to cancel it.  I even thought it might cancel itself when my credit card expired and I didn't update the info, but they somehow billed my card anyway.  The only thing I see when I click "Manage" for the Muse subscription is to edit it to either a single app membership or "Creative Cloud membership (one year)" - is that how I move from it to the whole suite type subscription?  And what apps are included in it?  Is it like the old way, different suites with different apps for different needs or is it a pick and choose what you need type thing?  Maybe too many questions, but for me I don't totally understand.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom if you have an annual subscription you will need to contact our support team to cancel the subscription.  This is due to the usual early penalty for canceling an annual subscription.  It is very likely the support agent will wave the cancelation fee though if you are moving to a full Creative Cloud subscription.  The month to month subscriptions can be canceled within your account Adobe.com.  You can find more details regarding subscription management at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1146459.

Glad to hear you were able to resolve your color management issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

Tom if you have an annual subscription you will need to contact our support team to cancel the subscription.  This is due to the usual early penalty for canceling an annual subscription.  It is very likely the support agent will wave the cancelation fee though if you are moving to a full Creative Cloud subscription.  The month to month subscriptions can be canceled within your account Adobe.com.  You can find more details regarding subscription management at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1146459.

Glad to hear you were able to resolve your color management issue.

After a long online chat with an Adobe rep they got the single app subscription cancelled, said they'd refund.  Then they sent me a link to sign up for a full Creative Cloud subscription; I was supposed to get a first year at $19.95 as a CS6 owner.  I signed up, it assessed me $49.95/month.  Guess I have another online chat session to see if they can get that straightened out.  All this CC stuff seems to be quite messed up, prices aside.  I think most of my initial problems were from that single app subscription, but that doesn't explain away the not getting the special first year subscription deal.  I guess I'll keep on plugging on. 

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2013 May 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom do you have a case number which I can reference?  If not did you use the same e-mail address that you have used to sign in to the Adobe forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

Tom do you have a case number which I can reference?  If not did you use the same e-mail address that you have used to sign in to the Adobe forums?

For some reason the area where the cases are (My Open Support Cases" returns an error "Sorry, this page is not available." (as does the link to My Support Case History, etc. - not sure what that's all about.  It is the weekend... so no phone calls and probably no chat.

I use the same e-mail address all throughout Adobe.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom I have sent you an e-mail to the address listed under your account requesting your confirm your phone number.  We do have both customer service and even technical support available this weekend at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  If you would prefer though I can open a ticket requesting a member of our support team contact you directly on Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

Tom I have sent you an e-mail to the address listed under your account requesting your confirm your phone number.  We do have both customer service and even technical support available this weekend at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  If you would prefer though I can open a ticket requesting a member of our support team contact you directly on Monday.

Jeff,

Thanks for the e-mail.  I've replied back.  Monday is okay.  Today is NASCAR All Star Race day!    Unless you suggest otherwise.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tom.  I have responded to you via e-mail.  We can likely take this discussion offline.

For future viewers of this thread if you are facing difficulties with your subscription please see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1146459 for more information on how to manage and resolve any subscription related difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

Thanks Tom.  I have responded to you via e-mail.  We can likely take this discussion offline.

For future viewers of this thread if you are facing difficulties with your subscription please see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1146459 for more information on how to manage and resolve any subscription related difficulties.

Jeff,

It was definitely messed up, probably not the worst ever, but the rep finally got it straightened out.  Have the correct subscription now.  Just have to ask the right people the right question(s), huh? 

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent Tom!  Thanks for the update and glad our support team was able to get your subscription sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

Many thanks for the help.  I'll be hoping for the best when they call on Monday.  They've done pretty well in solving a couple issues so far, hopefully this will go as well. I just checked that URL, all the agents are busy right now for chat.  Must be going to be a busy weekend.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines