• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe canceled my serial number, without cause, or proof. Has this happened to anyone else? [2014]

Participant ,
Sep 07, 2014 Sep 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I bought CS6 the Master Collection about 2.5 years ago. Today, it randomly stopped working. I contacted support, and they said my license had expired, and unless I could provide the original receipt they wouldn't show me my licensing agreement. So I have no software, and they won't prove that it was legal to cancel it.

I bought the full version, they claim it was a student version - which is just inaccurate. I should know. Has this happened to anyone else? I am potentially out of a job as a result, and to me, this is just plain theft.

I plan on escalating this to the ends of the earth. If there are enough of us, perhaps a class-action lawsuit is in order.

Thanks,

Sarah Ryan

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

OK, so...
Someone in CS dropped the ball in stating the number had been reactivated.  I was transferred to tech support and I have to say, the woman I spoke/worked with was outstanding.  Doing remote, she tried twice to install the software and kept getting the same popup.  After a few minutes, she came back with a new SN, did a third install and it worked. The SN is permanent, meaning if I have to reinstall, I should be able to use it with no issues. (fingers crossed!)  When PS opened, tit was a

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 106 Replies 106
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Louann108 

The volunteers on this forum cannot see your account information. We also cannot override decisions made by Adobe.

If you think you have a case, you have to contact Adobe Customer Care again. They are the only ones who can assist. This time, get a case number at the beginning of the call and ask for Tier 2 support. 

Do not respond to PMs, as they are scammers.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new reason is "Our aging activation servers for earlier versions of Creative Suite applications (CS3 included) had to be retired. You won't be able to activate these apps, as these activation servers are no longer available."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Louann108 

Did you ask for Tier 2 support and get a case number? (You may need Tier 3.)

The activation servers were shut down for CS2, CS3, and CS4. 

Give them this link. Adobe Customer Care can and does reset activations. Volunteers on the forums cannot. And we cannot override Adobe's decisions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activation-deactivation-help.html

janee_0-1703641096265.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave them the info you gave me and got nowhere. This was the last message: "Please head here (https://adobe.ly/3RWix1f) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way. Thanks! ^Rohan"
So I did and the bot couldn't understand the request. I would like to request an re-activation for this but not getting anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LouReeves 

you would type "agent" in the chat field to bypass the both, but the only thing you can get from adobe support regarding an invalid cs6 serial number, is confirmation that the serial number is indeed invalid, or erroneously designated invalid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.quora.com/Why-did-Adobe-REVOKE-the-License-key-for-Adobe-CS6#:~:text=Adobe%20officially%....

Basically says that Adobe deactivated the license keys for CS6. 
What has been frustrating through all this is that I have gotten so many excuses as to why I couldn't register my key, from the software was pirated to the above to "ask and maybe they're reactivate it."  
Adobe reps need to be informed across the board, not sent out into the world to make up their own reasons for an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Louann108 

That blurb was written by ChatCPT, which doesn't always get things right. Did you read the reply?

Jane

janee_0-1703938409681.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Louann108 

there is a lot of misinformation at that link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several others that state the same thing-Adobe deactivated the license for CS6, leaving us in the lurch. What is annoying is that every single rep that answered me has had a different explanation. The CD was a pirated version, too many installs, the key was a fake, the server is no longer supporting CS6.  At least get the stories straight.
Doing what Jane suggested were just lessons in futility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, i can't explain why adobe support has given incorrect answers.  

1.  cs6 servers are still working.

2.  not all cs6 users have seen serial number revocations.

3. with too many (ie, more than 2 with individual license), adobe support can reset your activation count. that will disable all current installations and allow, up to, 2 activations.

4.  #3 is the only thing adobe support can offer for cs6 users.

5. if you do not have an individual license, the above does not apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Louann108  And @LouReeves 

Are these two people or one person with two accounts?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like both are me. Had a different email back in 2013 and did try to see if my CS6 was somehow connected. Shouldn't make any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on customer support, neither one matter because they have no record of either!! Criminies! Even changing my profile photo didn't matter.
And getting an agent didn't do much except they'll call me back.
Not making this easy, that's for sure but are making Affinity look a bit better...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh. my. gawd.
Why are the women who answer the calls so mean? they really have a bad attitude compared to the men. I know that sounds misogynistic but 3 different ones with the same attitude, which, of course, I did not respond well to.  Oh well...
For the good news, B&H keeps ALL your orders no matter how far back they go if you have a sign-in. I actually got this 10 years ago, not 11. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LouReeves 

so, what was b&h able to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They didn't "do" anything but because I have an account, all my orders were archived and I just had to go thru them and found the confirmation and details from October, 2013.  Bad news is my emails don't go back that far so I have no idea if the SN was sent by email or snail mail, but pretty sure it was email. I would have stapled paper to the packaging to save it.
I sent jpg copies as asked for to customer service and will get yet another call back. Hopefully they won't keep asking for more "proof". The (3) women wouldn't take the product code without a "receipt" while the (2) men said the product code should help me get the correct SN and didn't ask for the order at all.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the good news, B&H keeps ALL your orders no matter how far back they go if you have a sign-in. I actually got this 10 years ago, not 11. 

By @LouReeves

That's great news about B&H and yet another reason to love them! 

Be sure to get a case number from Adobe Customer Care if you don't have one already. I haven't had a reason to contact them, but for customer service in general, if I get someone I can't work with, I'll ask for a supervisor.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 4 days since I sent them what they asked for and all I get are a couple of emails saying they're "investigating". Meanwhile, my photos are piling up on the card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LouReeves 

checking your open ticket might be more informative than emails,

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh! I have 2 case numbers for the same issue because they're using both emails. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

respond to both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. So I hope one of them gives an answer I like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LouReeves 

keep us updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally!!! I have been redeemed. My good name remains good. I am NOT a pirate.

"We would like to inform you that serial key xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx has been restored. You can continue using it."
My (2nd) instincts were probably the correct ones:  The algorithms flagged the SN because I reinstalled it more than 5 times on different computers (due to crashes, 3 new laptops, etc). 
I have a LOT of stuff to catch up on...thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, maybe not yet. 

janee_0-1704726750031.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines