• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe canceled my serial number, without cause, or proof. Has this happened to anyone else? [2014]

Participant ,
Sep 07, 2014 Sep 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I bought CS6 the Master Collection about 2.5 years ago. Today, it randomly stopped working. I contacted support, and they said my license had expired, and unless I could provide the original receipt they wouldn't show me my licensing agreement. So I have no software, and they won't prove that it was legal to cancel it.

I bought the full version, they claim it was a student version - which is just inaccurate. I should know. Has this happened to anyone else? I am potentially out of a job as a result, and to me, this is just plain theft.

I plan on escalating this to the ends of the earth. If there are enough of us, perhaps a class-action lawsuit is in order.

Thanks,

Sarah Ryan

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

OK, so...
Someone in CS dropped the ball in stating the number had been reactivated.  I was transferred to tech support and I have to say, the woman I spoke/worked with was outstanding.  Doing remote, she tried twice to install the software and kept getting the same popup.  After a few minutes, she came back with a new SN, did a third install and it worked. The SN is permanent, meaning if I have to reinstall, I should be able to use it with no issues. (fingers crossed!)  When PS opened, tit was a

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 106 Replies 106
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LouReeves 

I removed your screenshot with your serial number and replaced it with just the message for your protection on this public forum.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg.  what an ordeal.

for what it's worth, installed on multiple computers has not (in the past) caused a problem (as long as it's one user installing). typically, with a 3rd attempt at activation, an excess activation message is triggered, not a serial number revocation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so...
Someone in CS dropped the ball in stating the number had been reactivated.  I was transferred to tech support and I have to say, the woman I spoke/worked with was outstanding.  Doing remote, she tried twice to install the software and kept getting the same popup.  After a few minutes, she came back with a new SN, did a third install and it worked. The SN is permanent, meaning if I have to reinstall, I should be able to use it with no issues. (fingers crossed!)  When PS opened, tit was almost unreadable for being so tiny and I asked her how to make the tool bar, etc., larger. She did that for me as well. Never would have thought to do what she did. (DPI change in the folder).
It's been a crazy couple of weeks. Now let's hope my plug-ins go without a hitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LouReeves 

that is good to hear.  that adobe rep definitely went above and beyond, hearing that makes me feel better about adobe.

i just wish it didn't take all this drama and time.

p.s. secure that serial number and any correspondence that confirms your right to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You and me both! I wrote it down on the packaging as well as took a photo of it with my phone. I will also put it in a digital file I keep of SNs and licenses.
I have Win11 so now I'm trying to find the fonts folder (there isn't one in the Adobe folder) as I have over 1,000 of them to transfer as well as hundreds of brushes and my Topaz and Nik plug-ins.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(font files need to be installed.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LouReeves 

Relief! I've marked your answer "correct" for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines